How's the weather?

Do we have to have all of these political posts? - lets keep politics of all persuasions out of it please. Thanks.

Like it or not, the weather in Britain has become a big political issue. It's the politicians who have done this.

That said, it's quite nice here today. Not too cold, not too windy, a hint of rain - and a hint of sunshine!

After starting the first 44 days this year with 19 days in single digits, or teens, and 6 below zero, 2 of which were in double digits...we've finally gotten a reprieve. It's currently 65 and sunny outside. Which for this time of the year is an almost oppressing heat!

House is up to 71 degrees. Gonna have to crack a few windows...

Another 8 - 10 inches. Here is our mail box.

1170669_759153547429003_1288559490_n.jpg

That snow on your roof has my left eye twitching. A couple of years ago when we had nearly 20 inches overnight, things warmed up not too much later and we ended up with ice dams to beat the band. Had drywall damage in a couple of spots, and it was practically raining between our storm door and backdoor.

Though this year has been worse. Since the "polar vortex" last month we've had two pipes burst and flood our basement. The first time I was able to do most of the repair work myself, but this last one saw a professional carpet crew extract 200 gallons from our basement carpet. And it took 10 floor driers and a huge humidifier 4 days to dry everything out.

I like the cold, and love snow, but this winter has been ridiculous.

Edited by Scott Dolan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...