How's the weather?

• 2 weeks later...

code red, weather alert in the windmill area. My girlfriend offered to come over for a visit instead of having coffee in town so I wouldn't have to cycle there in this bad weather. Storm, rain. Now she is still on her way home. Busses and trains won't ride. I called another friend and now he is taking her home by car. I will be happy when they'll both be back safely at their homes.

Edited by page

They both arrived home safely. Of course she could have stayed with me when she had wanted, but she preferred to go home since she didn't bring anything. It will probably ease down a bit tonight. Another friend still on his way home.

Edited by page

Tokyo- The Infernal Greenhouse.

About 37C maybe touching 38 today.

Good luck with the 2020 Olympics, people tend to forget or not know that Tokyo has a full blown tropical summer, complete with typhoons to add to the misery. Daytime highs are 34-37C, nighttime lows 26-28C with humidity varying from 60-70% at the hottest time., to 100% at the lowest. As everyone says, it's the humidity that does you in.

I'm sure such conditions are familiar to board members living in tropical parts. They might come as a shock to unsuspecting Olympic visitors from more temperate climes. I may venture out to watch some of the marathon, it amazes me how they can run so fast in such withering heat and humidity.

The bottom line is that summer isn't a jolly, warm, pleasure filled season but a kind of grim endurance test, easily the nastiest part of the year.

PS   At 10.30am the temperature on our balcony was 43C.

Edited by kinuta

Don't know what that converts to in Fahrenheit, but it sounds friggin' hot!

Don't know what that converts to in Fahrenheit, but it sounds friggin' hot

That would be 109F, Tom.

Hope it's more salubrious in your part of the world.

Don't know what that converts to in Fahrenheit, but it sounds friggin' hot!

Don't know what that converts to in Fahrenheit, but it sounds friggin' hot

That would be 109F, Tom.

Hope it's more salubrious in your part of the world.

Actually unseasonably cool here.  Temps here in the mid 60's yesterday and for today with light rain which is falling right now. That will change by Tuesday with temps expected to rise to 90.

Spent the weekend at the tip of Cornwall - heavy rain and wind at night but nice walking weather in the day.

Just moved to a hill further north above Wadebridge and there's a bloody gale . Great fun putting the tent up. There's a fair chance I might be blown to Sidmouth for Thursday. 

Nothing quite like an English summer...apart from November.