How's the weather?

• 2 weeks later...

Unbearably humid and hot.

98% humidity at the moment with frightening thunder & lightning and monsoon like cloudbursts

For the first time this summer I've chickened out of my daily run.

Three typhoons heading straight for us. The joys of a Tokyo summer.

Good luck with the 2020 Olympics.

The 全国の天気図 

And you are the site of the next Olympics!!! Hope it doesn't get too disruptive for you, Kinuta. 

Britain is enjoying a typical summer. Wet'n windy. Total cloud cover most of this weekend. We've had some sunny days and not that much rain but overall it's not been one that (weatherwise) will remain in the memory.   

4 hours ago, A Lark Ascending said:

And you are the site of the next Olympics!!! Hope it doesn't get too disruptive for you, Kinuta. 

Britain is enjoying a typical summer. Wet'n windy. Total cloud cover most of this weekend. We've had some sunny days and not that much rain but overall it's not been one that (weatherwise) will remain in the memory.   

I know. Nobody I've spoken to has any enthusiasm and most wish they would just go away.

I've been saying for ages that the decision to hold them in early August is crazy. The 1964 games were held in October when it's quite warm but dry and pleasant. Seems tv big bucks have dictated an August date.

The average temperatures are 27-35C with very high humidity, heat island related early evening thunderstorms and the odd typhoon. Summer here is without doubt the very worst time to plan outdoor activity. For us residents it's a time to grit our teeth and long for October to roll round.

Edited by kinuta

2 hours ago, kinuta said:

Typhoon #10 nearing.

Humid as a jungle, overcast with sudden downpours.

Roll on October.

Good luck with the 2020 Olympics.

Good day for a walk on that Tokyo Bay bridge then..:blink:

Lovely late Summer's day starting up here in the SW. Good garden clearing conditions !

Edited by sidewinder

3 hours ago, sidewinder said:

Good day for a walk on that Tokyo Bay bridge then..:blink:

Lovely late Summer's day starting up here in the SW. Good garden clearing conditions !

It's all right for some.

Did that bridge crossing in the spring. The views were spectacular and the ' no fishing' signs are still there.

http://img12.deviantart.net/ca03/i/2013/124/9/7/rainbow_bridge__tokyo__japan_by_andrusm-d642a7a.jpg

Hit that moment in the last couple of days when summer turns to autumn. So wet and overcast on Friday that it was dark by 8 pm. Woke up very early on Saturday and it was still dark at 6 a.m. More to the point, a slight chill in the morning and evening making me think I'll need the central heating soon. Although today looks like it's going to be be glorious. 

Always find this a bittersweet time of year - the end of summer, the prospect of gloom and bad weather to come; yet the darker nights have their own magic. Music always sounds better at night. 

Time to get out Roy Harper's 'When an Old Cricketer Leaves the Crease' - evokes this time of year like nothing else I know:   

Edited by A Lark Ascending

8 hours ago, kinuta said:

It's all right for some.

Did that bridge crossing in the spring. The views were spectacular and the ' no fishing' signs are still there.

http://img12.deviantart.net/ca03/i/2013/124/9/7/rainbow_bridge__tokyo__japan_by_andrusm-d642a7a.jpg

Good to hear - one day I will finally do that bridge walk (assuming that I can find the entrance). :)

Weather here was great this afternoon. With added bonus that I was able to harvest the first tranche of local blackberries.

No need for central heating for at least another month here !

Edited by sidewinder