How's the weather?

• 4 months later...

The rainy season has fizzled out ahead of time. It's very hot, 35 on Thursday, 35 yesterday and 36 C  today.

I went for run at 5.00 am but was so knackered and drenched with sweat I gave up after 6 km.

Looks like we are looking at about ten weeks of this heat.

Good luck with the 2020 Olympics  LOL.

Glorious clear skies, flat calm sea and temperature in the 20s last night in Swanage, Dorset. Perfect English seaside conditions.

With Jean Toussaint and his fine young band in the Marquee doing Jazz Messsengers tunes with great aplomb, who could ask for more. Just about to head off back..:)

Edited by sidewinder

On 2017/7/15 at 6:52 PM, GregK said:

it's hot here, just hot all the time. I couldn't imagine going any further south, this humidity and heat just drains the energy out of me

Your weather is almost identical to Tokyo. I know how you feel.

Today

High 35C/95F Humidity 68

Low 26C/79F Humidity 95

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's taken me two autumns to get it into my thick skull, but I've finally learned that 2/3 of Tampa-area rain comes between June 1 and September 30.  Haven't really seen a drop in temp yet but I'm cool with almost no rain. No rain means much less grass cutting.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, sidewinder said:

Similar conditions here for much of yesterday - severe Atlantic storms. Clear skied though this morning, a welcome change.

Hope it clears soon kinuta !

Those conditions sound as if they would even beat my Japanese umbrella - still in use and bought at the 7/11 in Tokyo in 2014 !

Brollies are sod all use in a typhoon. They quickly blow inside out.

Full waterproofs , the only show in town.

A baseball cap under the hoodie will keep the rain out of your eyes.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-BLuEVVSgtR0/UbnMEXsg7YI/AAAAAAAAE6g/qT7ppymGSkA/s1600/photo+(5).JPG

Typical typhoon rain.

http://www.smh.com.au/content/dam/images/1/w/b/r/3/image.related.articleLeadwide.620x349.1wbr5.png/1333496950683.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I am exercising my right, as a British person, to talk about the weather.

Here in the UK, we are officially experiencing a heatwave. There does seem to have been an extraordinary amount of sunshine over the last two months, certainly in Manchester.

My garden soil, a usually waterlogged heavy clay, is now dry as a bone, with large cracks appearing on the surface. I haven't seen those for several years. Weeds are unable to cope, which is a pleasant side-effect, and I appear to be in line for a nice crop of tomatoes, which as often as not rot and blight in the damp conditions. The lawn is growing slower than usual, and is getting a bit brown in places. It will recover, I'm sure.

Work is a bit uncomfortable, but I'll take it over grey, muggy conditions any day.

Edited by rdavenport