GregK

How's the weather?

3,359 posts in this topic

AQI here is below 200 for the first time since last week.  At least it's not Happy Camp, CA where the readings were approaching 'you're dead' recently.

Hot, high  winds, with fires. Many places in St. Helena are being evacuated.

Fantastic clear skies and high teens temps. yesterday - perfect walking weather.

Much needed rain today. But with morning temperatures around 65 degrees before 7 a.m. a great morning to sit outside on the back porch with a cup of coffee. Bliss.

Posted (edited)

Hot & windy, with very thick smoke from the Glass Fire. We expect an evacuation order sometime today or tomorrow, the fire is at the boarder of Rutherford, and we're next in line. Plus, there's a new fire, Campbell Fire, that is right above us, it's smaller, but we'll see what happens.

Edited by Matthew

4 minutes ago, Matthew said:

Hot & windy, with very thick smoke from the Glass Fire. We expect an evacuation order sometime today or tomorrow, the fire is at the boarder of Rutherford, and we're next in line.

That is worrisome. Be safe Matthew and good luck.

8 minutes ago, Matthew said:

Hot & windy, with very thick smoke from the Glass Fire. We expect an evacuation order sometime today or tomorrow, the fire is at the boarder of Rutherford, and we're next in line. Plus, there's a new fire, Campbell Fire, that is right above us, it's smaller, but we'll see what happens.

A winery I really like (Behrens) burned down. Others too.

Thanks for the good wishes, it seems as if we will be sticking around, there's been no word about having to leave. AQI is now at 306 here, I'm drinking water constantly to clear my throat.

1 hour ago, Matthew said:

Thanks for the good wishes, it seems as if we will be sticking around, there's been no word about having to leave. AQI is now at 306 here, I'm drinking water constantly to clear my throat.

Well then you can pee on the flames. Or save some of that water.