How's the weather?

On Sunday (28 deg C and very humid) we arrived home to find our normally calm stream up onto the road perilously close to our house. Over a months worth of rain (a lot in the UK) had fallen in less than one and a half hours. Some villages on the other side of the moors watershed had major problems. I had travelled through these places on Saturday twice (once on my bike in the am, and again in the motor late that evening). I had slowed a couple of times to remind myself of how beautiful they are. Then the flashfloods occured.

link

Glad you got through OK, Tony. I thought of you when they were reporting this on the news. Amazing to hear the story of the woman in Sutton-under-Whitestonecliffe whose deep freeze floated away and they'd yet to find it!

It is a bit worrying when some old folk couldn't run up the stairs quick enough to beat the rising water.

There's one guy who's a friend of a friend who has lost 350 sheep. Eeek. As of last night he hadn't found them. no Bo-Peep jokes please

119 yesterday, it feels about the same today.

Yeah but it's dry heat!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

hehehe :D

That's what all these dumb shits around here say.

It's fucking brutal outside.

I used to hear a lot of that silly reasoning from people who came from the Southern US where admittedly the humuidity can add a certain amount of misery to the heat. On the other hand when your knees buckle from it who cares if it's dry hit-it's obscenely hot!!!

I remember seeing a t shirt with a skeleton out in the desert with the words "But it's dry heat" on the shirt. :lol:

119 yesterday, it feels about the same today.

Yeah but it's dry heat!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

hehehe :D

That's what all these dumb shits around here say.

It's fucking brutal outside.

I don't know man. I've lived in both extremes and the 28 while unpleasant seems more bearable than the 28. You can always put more clothes on but there's only so many clothes you can take off before legal and other complications occur. Now minus 17-that really sucks!!!!! :lol: