How's the weather?

We're ready - plenty of food in the house, a snow blower, shovels. Now, if the power will stay on this time, we'll be in good shape! S'posed to hit outside of the Boston area sometime after midnight. I'm near the Cape and it ain't gonna be pretty. Then again, it will be pretty; just a pain in the you-know-what!

Marla

The snow be here!

Looks like we're gonna get it pretty good.

SnowPlow0402.jpg

So, is that a Catesta truck? Do you profit from other folks problems? :)

hehe :g

Just a pic I googled.

It looks about the same as what we run though. And yes, there is money to be made in snow.

I'm only learning this winter, but next year watch out, I've got big plans to take this market over. :P:cool:

The downside to all this snow crap is having to go out in it. I guess I could just let the guys go and call them from time to time, but right now it only seems fair that I'm around with them.

Although I don't think they give a shit. There happy as can be. Snow removal on the weekends and after hours pays big bucks.

This one will be bad enough for me to have to get in a truck and plow.

Edited by catesta

Just started here on Long Island with a light dusting. If it hurries up the most of it will be on its way to you in New England.

You must be out east a ways?

I'm in Garden City and it's been snowing on and off since around 5:00 PM. The grass is covered, but it's not anyhwere near sticking to the roads yet.

Just started here on Long Island with a light dusting. If it hurries up the most of it will be on its way to you in New England.

I'm in Garden City and it's been snowing on and off since around 5:00 PM. The grass is covered, but it's not anyhwere near sticking to the roads yet.

I haven't been to "Old Country Road" in a long time! :)

I haven't been to "Old Country Road" in a long time! :)

Right now I share an office with some people close to Old Country Road and even closer to Nassau Community College.

Well, I hope you guys don't get hit too hard out in Garden City. Will be interesting to hear folks' reports late tonight and for us in New England, tomorrow morning and afternoon!

Marla

I'll keep you posted.

I've got guys scattered from JFK Airport to Suffolk County.

Thanks!

Weather Channel officially posted the Blizzard and Coast Flood warnings. Oh, and if I don't respond, it is because our power is down (not sure if I can get organissimo through my cell phone mobile web feature).

Marla

I hope the power doesn't go out. :unsure:

Thanks! As of 4:40 EST, power is still on, :party: but I have that thermos of coffee just in case.

OK, Mom's boyfriend checked outside and there's about 11 inches of snow out there with drifts twice the size. I would take a pic and scan, but I still haven't figured out how to post a pic. I am a "techno-duh" when it comes to that stuff. I would love to see others pics posted here for those also affected by the snow.

Catesta, what is the snow count in Garden City?

Also, StereoJack, any snow news from there? Heard Revere got about 18 inches of snow.

Happy snow to all!

Marla

Thanks! As of 4:40 EST, power is still on, :party: but I have that thermos of coffee just in case.

OK, Mom's boyfriend checked outside and there's about 11 inches of snow out there with drifts twice the size. I would take a pic and scan, but I still haven't figured out how to post a pic. I am a "techno-duh" when it comes to that stuff. I would love to see others pics posted here for those also affected by the snow.

Also, StereoJack, any snow news from there? Heard Revere got about 18 inches of snow.

Happy snow to all!

Marla

today's snow thread here with at least one photo.

Happy snow to all!

Marla

We got hammered!

I didn't get home until 1:00 AM (today). 30+ hours with only about 1 hour of sleep is what it took to clean up most of our sites. Then when I got home I had to finish digging the car out and spread some calcium chloride.

In Queens we definitely got 25+ inches and probably around 20 give an inch or two on western Long Island.

Just a week ago we were breaking heat records now I think they looged 26+ inches in Central Park breaking the prevous record.

Crazy.

We had snow and freezing rain this morning, temps in the low to mid 30's all day, and now there's a thunderstorm brewing. Just now, aside from a few rumbles and flashes, there was a prolonged gust of strong wind howling outside my window. Like something out of an old walt disney movie. :ph34r: