How's the weather?

• 2 weeks later...

It's frickin' cold. So cold that when I got home from the gig last night at 4:30am, the furnace was running. That might not sound crazy, but the furnace is on a digital programmable thermostat and at night is set to 60 degrees. Which means the house was actually colder than 60 degrees, so the furnace turned on!!!

This old house is drafty.

Just returned home (about 15 minutes ago) from a company party at the race track in Muskegon. We got stuck in the parking lot and the courtesy/security guys gave up and abandoned us. Eventually Ann and another kind soul pushed the car out while I gunned it in reverse. We were stuck for an hour. The drive home was a "white knuckler" with lousy visibility and traction. Did I mention it is 2 degrees?

Just returned home (about 15 minutes ago) from a company party at the race track in Muskegon. We got stuck in the parking lot and the courtesy/security guys gave up and abandoned us. Eventually Ann and another kind soul pushed the car out while I gunned it in reverse. We were stuck for an hour. The drive home was a "white knuckler" with lousy visibility and traction. Did I mention it is 2 degrees?

Sorry to hear that, Chuck. I'm glad you and the missus got home safely.

Magnificent clear skies and sun this weekend, well above zero. Heck, I was sunbathin' out there yesterday ! :wacko:

Astoundingly, it's the same in South Wales where, if you can see the other side of the valley, it's going to rain.

MG

Another astounding day ! Great day for some garden clearance. What was astonishing was that I kept finding LADYBIRDS !!!! :eye:

Today's high in my part of Minnesota was a -2 or -3 with wind chills in the -20s and -30s. :blink:

-13 in this part of MN this morning. -15 is forecasted for tomorrow morning! :o

Good Gawd! Are you talking fahrenheit or centigrade?

MG

Fahrenheit. It's already warmed up to -7 F from earlier this morning!

Today's high in my part of Minnesota was a -2 or -3 with wind chills in the -20s and -30s. :blink:

MG

I thought so. How did that part of the world ever get populated?

MG

Minnesota can be very odd weatherwise. It has its extremes both ways. In winter it can get brutally cold and summers with the heat/humidity can sometimes be nearly unbearable.

Having lived outside of Minnestoa twice in my lifetime I can say that I really enjoy 4 distinct seasons. After the long winter, spring and early summer here are glorious and very much appreciated. With the heat of the heart of summer comes a great appreciation for early to late fall where it again is just wonderful. I think the weather extremes build a lot of character in those that choose to live here.

Edited by mikelz777

Minnesota can be very odd weatherwise. It has its extremes both ways. In winter it can get brutally cold and summers with the heat/humidity can sometimes be nearly unbearable.

Having lived outside of Minnestoa twice in my lifetime I can say that I really enjoy 4 distinct seasons. After the long winter, spring and early summer here are glorious very much appreciated. With the heat of the heart of summer comes a great appreciation for early to late fall where it again is just wonderful. I think the weather extremes build a lot of character in those that choose to live here.

With the exception that Minniy get's significantly colder than Mizzou, I echo every last thing you've said here.

MG

I thought so. How did that part of the world ever get populated?

MG

The crazy thing is that you still see people walking around without winter hats and gloves.

I just came back from the gym and I saw tons of people walking outside, to their car, without jackets, in shorts and t -shirts.

:huh: