How's the weather?

• 3 months later...

I 'got the call' at 6.40 this morning just as I turned the engine to start to try to get to work.

Coming down at present but looks like it will move north this afternoon.

Looks like the Bristol/South Wales area is in for a fair bit more tomorrow.

In the first 20 years I lived here I hardly saw any snow - but the last 3 have seen 'real' winter weather (well, by English standards).

Edited by A Lark Ascending

Still snowed in. Gutter on the garage roof is a bit bent. Thaw is forecast tomorrow and Saturday.

MG

Really? We were clear by Monday morning. Last Friday was by far the worst of it. Just minor flurries since then.

Of course, compared to some of the stuff I used to encounter in Canada it doesn't even register. :)

Edited by sidewinder

Severe thunderstorms and tornadoes in north Georgia this afternoon - damaged/destroyed homes and overturned cars on the highway in Bartow and Gordon Counties, north of Atlanta; some deaths reported. Heavy storms right over my part of Atlanta right now. I have a 6:00 PM gig on the north side of town; not looking forward to the trip.

• 1 month later...

Crazy at present. Heavy snow at the weekend. This graph is bonkers:

_66596540_march_temperature_624gr.jpg

Last year the weather was really hot the week before the Easter holidays - then it snowed, Easter was rubbish and the rest of the year was a wash out.

So, just maybe, a ludicrously cold late-March is the prelude to the much anticipated barbecue summer....

Edited by A Lark Ascending