Tristano / Konitz / Marsh Mosaic

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I listen to this set, it just keeps getting better and better.  The book is also quite incredible.  It's a little above me musically but a fine piece of analysis.

Here's is where Larry Kart responded to my comments regarding the T/K/M booklet. Nothing against Larry Kart but, yeah, a little above me, musically speaking.

>link<

I believe most of the Tristano/Konitz/Marsh discussion is in this thread. >link<

Yep, I know. I just posted this separately to point out the "running very low status" of the set to those who still didn't pick it up... ;)

Edited by J.A.W.

I believe most of the Tristano/Konitz/Marsh discussion is in this thread. >link<

Yep, I know. I just posted this separately to point out the "running very low status" of the set to those who still didn't pick it up...

Man, I figured as much. :tup

I don't recall seeing a recent stand-alone thread for the T/K/M box. I thought, if anybody is looking for information about the T/K/M box, whether to buy it or not... they can check THIS thread and THE OTHER thread.

I've enjoyed my Tristano/Konitz box very much. Get it while you can.

Yep, I know. I just posted this separately to point out the "running very low status" of the set to those who still didn't pick it up...

Man, I figured as much. :tup

I don't recall seeing a recent stand-alone thread for the T/K/M box. I thought, if anybody is looking for information about the T/K/M box, whether to buy it or not... they can check THIS thread and THE OTHER thread.

I've enjoyed my Tristano/Konitz box very much. Get it while you can.

Excellent advice! The T/K/M and the J.J. Johnson sets are two of my favorite Mosaics.

Yep, I know. I just posted this separately to point out the "running very low status" of the set to those who still didn't pick it up... ;)

Could we have a special "Last chance" smilie for such announcements? Something like this: sonic3.gif

Well, after weighing the self-loathing incurred by charging it today vs. what I'd face if it sold out before I got one, I charged ahead. I'm damned sure that I won't regret this one!

Congrats doubleM. You will enjoy the Tristano/Konitz/Marsh Mosaic. This was my first exposure to these three gentlemen. I've enjoyed every bit of it. Their playing styles are very infectious. You get caught in their groove and you want to hear more and more. After knowing nothing about Lee Konitz, till my purchase of the T/K/M box (approximately a month ago), I've been looking for Konitz titles in the CD bins.

Soulstation1 was concerned the T/K/M might not last till the end of the month. The set is STILL holding at the Mosaic site. Maybe it will hold long enough for all who desire it?

You're all insane!!! ;) After reading so much about this set, I finally succumbed to mass hysteria and ordered this set. This, after not buying a Mosaic set in over two years -- thought I was over the Mosaic thing. Man, this is an expensive board to read. Just hope I'll like myself in the morning.

After reading so much about this set, I finally succumbed to mass hysteria and ordered this set.  This, after not buying a Mosaic set in over two years -- thought I was over the Mosaic thing.  Man, this is an expensive board to read.  Just hope I'll like myself in the morning.

Don't feel too darned bad about yourself. I've purchased 4 Mosaic sets in the last couple of months due to this board. Of course, all the sets are so good that I'd have been ticked if I'd missed any of them.

After reading so much about this set, I finally succumbed to mass hysteria and ordered this set.  This, after not buying a Mosaic set in over two years -- thought I was over the Mosaic thing.  Man, this is an expensive board to read.  Just hope I'll like myself in the morning.

Don't feel too darned bad about yourself. I've purchased 4 Mosaic sets in the last couple of months due to this board. Of course, all the sets are so good that I'd have been ticked if I'd missed any of them.

Which four?