Goofy stuff on the web

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zappa destroyed those guys! He was obviously the most intelligent speaker on the show. The rude imbecile who was sitting to Zappa's right is a perfect representative of what is wrong with the right wing.

Tony, why'd you delete it?

Edited by Noj

They don't make 'em like this anymore...

(Big  download / stream.  Probably not for the 56 k'ers.  Cuts off before the end!  :rolleyes: )

Thanks Chaney!

When the Car Chase Network debuts on Cable Channel 1023, that should be the very first thing they play! :excited: I bought that DVD for the chase scene. What did you think of the Mustang ad that used old footage of Steve?

Guest Chaney

Thanks Chaney!

When the Car Chase Network debuts on Cable Channel 1023, that should be the very first thing they play!  :excited:  I bought that DVD for the chase scene.  What did you think of the Mustang ad that used old footage of Steve?

2005 MUSTANG COMMERCIAL WITH STEVE MCQUEEN

Touchy subject, images of the dead used to endorse products from beyond the grave. I hope the McQueen estate made a few bucks off of it.

ON THE EDIT:

McQueen died of lung cancer in 1980. But Paul Street, who directed the Mustang commercial and did a similar treatment of McQueen for a Ford of Europe product launch in 1997, dismisses any suggestion that the commercial is exploiting an iconic American image.

"I hope for those who don't know the legacy, that this spot will inspire a new generation to visit McQueen's extraordinary body of work and (appreciate) his passion for automobiles," Street said in a statement.

Ford secured the rights to McQueen's likeness from the actor's estate for an undisclosed sum. Ford also was required to obtain the rights to use images from "Bullitt" and "Field of Dreams."

~~~~~~~~~

Do you remember the Ford truck ad from the 70s that featured the chase scene from the Charles Bronson pic Mr. Majestyk? :tup

Edited by Chaney