Blindfold Test #10

rockefeller center

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey rockefeller center,

Just a quick note to let you know I haven't forgotten about you! Due to some unforseen problems, I have been without a computer all week. However, I just set up my new eMac and this is my first post!

I have been listening to the BFT and I think it is my favorite of all the tests so far. I haven't peeked at this thread yet, although it is killing me. I'll try to post my thoughts over the weekend, but I have company coming to town so I may not get to it until monday night.

Thanks again for a great listen!

Jim Dye

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for another wonderful opportunity to extend my musical horizon.

I am not going to guess who's playing what because I am rather new to world of jazz. I will inform about my likes and dislikes at this compilation instead.

Tracks 2, 5 and 9 are my favorite I will certainly will try to look for more stuff from those artists.

4,6,7,14 and 15 - just not my cup of tea.

and I skipped every time track 10 when I give BFT #10 CD a spin - literally can't stand it (sorry rockefeller center)!

It would be fun to read others' comments on the disc now!

I am just now getting around to really listening and writing my comments on this disc. Many thanks to Rockefeller Center for a fun disc, and to Peter Johnson for forwarding one my way. I don’t think I know any of these, and while most of them were pleasant to listen to, there are only a couple I will be searching for. I will limit my comments to a few. Here goes!

3. The opening measures sound like somebody’s using the ‘guitar’ I recently made for my kids out of a box and rubber bands. I like it!

6. Kinda creepy, sounds kinda familiar, I like it!

7. Maybe the high point of the disc for me. A cross between Sly Stone and the Velvet Underground. Hella funky! I’ll be getting this one!

9. Great tune! I like it!

10. There was a Mystery Science Theater 2000 episode in which, during some particularly cheesy 80’s synth music, Crow said, ‘Music by Super Mario Brothers.’ The second I heard the flute, it reminded me of something out of a Nintendo game like Zelda. Hey, I’m free associating!

14. Catchy tune!

15. This singer cracks me up! I love how he cuts his chorus short to let ‘Kenny’ do his thing on the organ. With a little ‘Tequila’ thrown in. Two thumbs up!

Thanks again! Now to read everyone’s comments and start working on number 11!