Amazon.fr

bebopbob

Thanks to a fellow board member, I've been informed that a CD I am intersted in buying is available for sale on amazon.fr. Unfortunately, I cannot read French. As such, I am a little apprehensive about placing the order. Any information regarding amazon.fr's service to North America as well as their shipping rates to the United States would be greatly appreciated.

The CD I am looking to buy is Fathead: Ray Charles Presents David Newman on Rhino/Atlantic for 1350 Euro.

I'm surprised Dusty Groove, Red Trumpet, etc does not carry it.

Thanks for any info.

p&p is 10,90 EUR if I read it all correctly. Not much different from amazon.de, which sells the disk for 9,99 but charges 14EUR for p&p. Best thing would be to find a kind soul willing to trade you a disk.

Not me at the moment I am afraid as I am rather tight on my budget :(

A good resource to know about is froogle.com. It's Google's shopping search engine. Through it I found the item at a site called musicexpress.com--it's in English and they charge in U.S. dollars, though they're based in the Netherlands (though the company is called German Music Express). The price for your item is $13.44 + $4.95 s/h.

Well, this is inflation. When I include the link, the prize for the CD was 10.40 euros!

You got to know that VAT or some other tax is deducted for non EU orders (such as, you guessed right: Switzerland...) - so this means, you pay at least just what's said on the site, non EU orders get some % off.

ubu

I've purchased from them before and their shipping is a little expensive and their service is not the quickest but it's ok. Their site, even if you don't speak french, is not that hard to use because it's just like Amazon US. However, I do know a little french (I took it in high school) and that helps.