Newport Jazzfestival 1962 DVD

Durium

I have a question about a DVD in the series Jazz Classical Masters. This one is volume 4 and it contains a film from the 1962 Newport Festival.

I have tried to find out all that (fragments) of artist and I do have:

(Intro with music on the back ground and views of Newport)

/ Count Basie (says the liner notes, but it is Oscar Peterson

/ Lambert, Hendrick and Bavan

/ Roland Kirk with Goin' To Chicago

/ John Browns Body + When The saints sung bu Cura Stars Gospel singers (?)

/ Your Heart Delight (?)played by Oscar Peterson - The bass player is Ray Brown

/ Some big band fragment from Duke Ellington Orchestra (with I Got Rhythm (?) and Things Ain't What They Used To Be)

and finally Count Basie with Jimmy Rushing and unknown singer (to me) with songs like I Love You virginia and another title.

The quality is very very bad. It looks as if someone filmed with an 8 mm camera from the last row.

I hope someone knows what documentary this is. Can you give me the details?

BTW: I do have the line ups for volume 1,2 and 3

Durium

the 1-2 minutes of kirk playing 'three for the festival' is fine by me.

yes, and a rare occasion of hearing Andrew Hill playing in the Roland Kirk group, even if one cannot see much of him!

Is that the track that is included on the bonus disk with the Kirk 'Complete Mercury' set?

The bonus disc from the Kirk box has a 7'08 version of 'A Stritch In Time' from Newport 1962. The sound is fine there.

On the DVD, Kirk plays 'Three for the Festival'. The sound is terrible. The visual is even worse. Looks like a tenth generation copy of a video found in a garbage can!

Just awful!

And a shame!

the 1-2 minutes of kirk playing 'three for the festival' is fine by me.

yes, and a rare occasion of hearing Andrew Hill playing in the Roland Kirk group, even if one cannot see much of him!

Is that the track that is included on the bonus disk with the Kirk 'Complete Mercury' set?

The bonus disc from the Kirk box has a 7'08 version of 'A Stritch In Time' from Newport 1962. The sound is fine there.

On the DVD, Kirk plays 'Three for the Festival'. The sound is terrible. The visual is even worse. Looks like a tenth generation copy of a video found in a garbage can!

Just awful!

And a shame!

Thanks for this info ! Too bad..