Forthcoming (on unspecified labels):

Don Ellis - Essence

The Pilgrim Travelers Featuring Lou Rawls

Pepper Adams - Critics Choice

Harold Land - Take Aim

Eddie Condon - All Stars/Tiger Rag & All That Jazz

Edmond Hall - Petite Fleur

Says he:

Mighty Quinn Productions was developed out of my respect for music and the people who make it. Our goal is to reissue recordings by quality artists that have not yet been released on CD, or have sadly fallen out of print. We want to make sure that worthy albums in all genres of music aren’t lost or forgotten. We also plan to produce compelling new artists who we believe should be heard. Mighty Quinn is committed to providing the best possible sound for the sake of both the listener and the artist, and we will include intelligent and insightful liner notes to complete a package of overall excellence.

Look forward to future releases by the following artists: Pepper Adams, Lou Rawls, Harold Land, Don Ellis, Edmund Hall, Eddie Condon, Ray Nance, Roy Ayers, Herb Geller, Bobby Watson, Woody Herman, Eddie Costa, Harmonica Smith, The Shirts, Fingerprintz, George Jones, Fela Kuti and others.

The labels we will be reissuing from include (but are not limited to) World Pacific, Pacific Jazz, Roulette, Blue Note, Capitol, United Artists, Solid State, and Colpix.

Mighty Quinn is currently negotiating with several distributors and will update the website upon receipt of any information.

Peace,

Jerry Roche

So who IS this cat? More power to him!

• 2 weeks later...

Do I have news for you!! The owner and sole person of Mighty Quinn Records is Mosaic's Jerry Roche. The name comes from his daughter. And rest assured he will use the original cover for the Adams CD. The first two reissues (Rawls and Ellis) will be from flat 16 bit transfers but from then on he will use 24 bit transfers. Hope it works out and I believe we all should support him so he can continue to do this and release the things we otherwise won't be getting from the majors (or Mosaic for that matter). I know I will.

Remastering done by someone I don't know (not McMaster nor Addey). Let's hope he has good ears.

...And doesn't maximize sound levels/use compression and/or manipulate EQ.

Do you mean you don't know his name or just don't recognize his name?

This looks really promising. I was resigned to assuming this Edmond Hall recording would NEVER be reissued:

-------------------------------------------------

Edmond Hall - Petite Fleur

United Artists (1959)

Projected Reissue Date: October 11, 2005

Quartet:

Edmond Hall - Clarinet

Ellis Larkins - Piano

Milt Hinton - Bass

Jimmie Crawford - Drums

Sextet Add:

Vic Dickenson - Trombone

Emmett Berry - Trumpet

Tracks

1. Petite Fleur - Quartet

2. Ellington Medley - Sextet

Prelude To A Kiss

Do Nothing Till You Hear From Me

Solitude

Don't Get Around Much Anymore

Mood Indigo

Take The "A" Train

3. Clarinet Marmalade - Quartet

4. Edmond Hall Blues - Sextet

5. Cook Good - Quartet

6. Off The Road - Quartet

7. Adam And Evie - Quartet

8. Don't Give Me Sympathy - Sextet

I'm confused:

1) Wasn't Take Aim recorded for Blue Note, albeit recorded in LA under the supervision of Leonard Feather? Here, it says World Pacific.

2) What's the 20 minute bonus track ('Straight, No Chaser)? Is it from the same studio session, or a live tune from around that time?

Bertrand.

That's from the Jazz for a Sunday afternoon live date some years later with a West Coast all star band. The first 2 and a half minutes are by Land so that's why Jerry thought it was a good idea to add it. I'm sure the remastering will be done propperly. Jerry has the Mosaic mentality so rest assure he won't settle for a bad end product.

I'm sure the remastering will be done propperly. Jerry has the Mosaic mentality so rest assure he won't settle for a bad end product.

I don't want to sound negative, but not all Mosaic remasterings are good, at least not to my ears - the Lou Donaldson set comes to mind... (I'm repeating myself yet again, sorry about that... :crazy:)

Edited by J.A.W.