Cal Tjader album reference guide

mikeweil

For all friends of this great vibist - frankly speaking I find him underrated, the longer I study his music - I decided to post short descriptions of each album (leader and sideman dates) here for reference, to make buying decisions easier.

This is a by-product of my work in progress, the Cal Tjader Discography.

I considered posting this on the Cal Tjader Forum, but there is not much happening over there and It doesn't allow posting links to cover pics.

I promised to do this on the Los Ritmos Calientes thread, and this will keep me working on the disco and listening through Tjader's music for a critical survey of his work. Please post your comments, requests, and, most importantly, omissions here or on the other thread. There are still about five albums I have not heard, but I am busy purchasing used LPs ....

Thanks for your patience!

Edited by mikeweil

• 5 years later...

I rather spontaneously decided to put the discographical information on the Cal Tjader Blog - session based rather than album based, until the discography compiled with the BRIAN sofware will be complete.

p.s. the link did not not work anymore. My blog seemingly was deleted - no wonder as I had not time to post anything there in years.

Edited by mikeweil