The Polite Thread: I'm Going to be Nice

there's been some recent and understandable concern around here about tension on the board - about nastiness, personal attacks, herpes, innuendo, viciousness, and personal threats (and that's just my last 10 posts) - so this thread will be dedicated to a positive outlook, to only good thoughts, and charity to our fellow man (sorry women - you're on you own) - as Lenny Bruce said, we have to all get together - white people, black people, Jews, Catholics, Muslims, Buddhists, we have to all come together - and beat up the Greeks -

so here's to a new day:

post-1039-1196770550_thumb.jpg

Edited by AllenLowe

this is the sort of self-centered arrogance which is ruining the board.

Coming from you, that's quite ironic.

this is the sort of self-centered arrogance which is ruining the board.

The tense is off.

I'd use past tense here.

Cool! The board is ruined. That's good news! Now I can shut the whole thing down and get on with my life. It will be a relief not to have to check in here every morning, every afternoon, every evening just to make sure that things are going okay since people seem incapable of avoiding certain posters and topics themselves, even with extremely handy features like "ignore member". I don't know how most of you live with a television. I mean, I know Bill O'Reilly is an asshole, so I don't watch his show, you know what I mean?

Anyway, this is really good news. My wife and I were just talking last night about how expensive our monthly cable bill is, what with my need for a high-speed internet connection. So this will solve two problems with one stone: No more $150 a month server costs, and no more $100 a month cable bill. Sweet!

As of January 1, 2008, this place will be no more. Enjoy it while it lasts. And no, I'm not kidding.