BFT 66

mikeweil

So here's my invitation to join the Organissimo Blindfold Test # 66 ...

I tossed around two ideas for a theme but finally settled for an all Hammond B3 single disc BFT - there was a previous BFT dedicated to that instrument, but the selections were so different from what I had in mind that I decided to keep it as an option for my next turn.

I am taking efforts to have the download links for zipped flac files ready during the coming weekend - please post here and send me a PM and you will hear from me.

I will keep a list here of those joining in.

C'mon friends ...

p.s. could be it will run 'bout 90 minutes, so do not be surprised if it's a double

Participants: (* will receive a disc, others download)

Dan Gould

thedwork * - discs shipped Tuesday!

durium

Thom Keith

sidewinder

Jim R

Bill Barton

Big Al

Bright Moments

JSngry

jeffcrom

king ubu

Soul Station

michel devos * - discs shipped

Nate Dorward

Soulstation1 * - discs shipped

Jim Alfredson

Edited by mikeweil

I tossed around two ideas for a theme but finally settled for an all Hammond B3 single disc BFT - there was a previous BFT dedicated to that instrument, but the selections were so different from what I had in mind that I decided to keep it as an option for my next turn.

I am taking efforts to have the download links for zipped flac files ready during the coming weekend - please post here and send me a PM and you will hear from me.

C'mon friends ...

Participants:

Dan Gould

Please Dan, get me on the list !!

Keep Swinging

durium

C'mon friends ...

Participants:

Dan Gould

Please Dan, get me on the list !!

Keep Swinging

durium

I'm not in charge of the list but I'll see what I can do.

Mike, I would like to participate also. I still find it difficult to differentiate between organists, so it will be a good exercise (even if it turns out to be futile ;)). A download is my preference. PM forthcoming. Thanks!

i'm in. and as usual, i'd like a 'hard copy' cd if possible.

PM me your street adress and your wish is my command!

Hey Mike, save yer postage and I'll get it to him, since he's on this side of the pond. Plus, I already have his address. :)

You mean "Mega-Greasy BFT?" I can't tell organists from elbows but I'm in!

Not my strong side, but I'm in -- I love these things.

I prefer the download.

Mike, I would like to participate also. I still find it difficult to differentiate between organists, so it will be a good exercise (even if it turns out to be futile ;)). A download is my preference. PM forthcoming. Thanks!

Please count me "in" for the download. I too am probably out of my depth with the theme but - hey - that's half the fun.

ditto for me on everything above! looking forward to it.

the stuff i've got set aside for my upcoming BFT doesn't really have a theme. maybe i should try to come up w/ one... or not :g

(i figured out how to get the quotes to automatically space out like above. yea!!!)

It turned out to be 101 minutes of greaze - so it will be two discs divided into four zipped rapidshare files.

Just unzip them and copy them to one folder for each disc - they are numbered 1 to 8 for each disc, make sure you sort them before burning. For better audio I transferred them to flac files - use the freeware linked above to transform them into .wav if your burning software cannot handle them.

I pm'ed links of the first two files - the other will follow tomorrow and the discussion thread will be started.

Enjoy - and in case you still want to jump on the wagon, drop me a PM.

Edited by mikeweil