Looking for Minneapolis-area cd shop recs

blake

I'll be in Minneapolis this week on business. Never been before. My hotel is near the airport and I'll be commuting to Target headquarters in Bloomington. I should have a few free hours in advance of my return flight. How should I spend this time? When in doubt I usually opt for browsing the used cd shops. Recommendations appreciated.

gsb

The Electric Fetus at Franklin & 4th Ave., near the junction of I-35 & I-90 in Mpls is the best new CD store in the Twin Cities (I worked there ong ago) but they didn't have used before they expanded and I'm not sure if they do now. If you want LPs the Record Collectors Co-op in the basement of Oarfolkjokeopus (surely the worst name for a record store, at least people can remeber and spell Electric Fetus) on Nicollet(?), but it would be worth checking the phone book to see if the're still there. My friend Kent Hazen had a nice used record store (Hazen's?) on E. Lake, but again it's been a long time. Cheapo's name pretty much says it all, they have branches all over. Great towns (they really are v. different), but get a good map, the street layout can be v. confusing to newbies.

• 3 months later...

Top of the list for me: Let it Be on Nicollet. Great used CD and LP selection. New is a bit more limited. But great place.

I'm not really into Electric Fetus. The best stuff (CDs) is in cutout/overstock. Used is merely okay. New is good. Just doesn't have the 'vibe' of Let it Be.

Oarfolkjokeopus is pretty good too, though more limited in overall selection. Okay vibe.