• Birthday 01/08/1977

Contact Methods

• Website URL
    http://cliffordallen.me

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

47,964 profile views

clifford_thornton's Achievements

1. Gotcha. I don't think my friend is much of a FB user but I will see if he can try that.
  2. Bump. Is FB or Gmail the preferred method for Jim A contact, regarding new members? Or should someone else be in charge of adding folks?
  3. Yeah; very good for its time, but the Lithgow remake was next level.
  4. I should check the stuff with Serpa; excellent player. Had the duo with Fabris but let it go in a trim. Remember it being quite solid, but I have only so much space (physically AND mentally).
  5. can understand this for sure. I do have a soft spot for the ESP, RCA-Victor (w/ Lee), and Milestone albums though.
  6. a favorite in my high school years. I still like it and its follow-up a lot. (looks more vividly purple in person!)
  7. Interesting re: the books. I have a few of his records, on ESP, RCA, Horo, and Milestone, as well as a Hat Hut CD or two. I don't know whether it is a feeling of "sameness" or better put, "consistency," that has resulted in my not seeking out more. But glad he's been here to do all that he's done.
  8. I have the French pressing with an alternate sleeve and never noticed the cat on the original...
  9. Really? I was 24 in 2001, lived in NYC and then Chicago for grad school, and remember it being a great time for music and art. I wasn't watching a lot of movies then but assume there was probably good stuff coming out as well. Can't speak to dance and theater as began paying attention to that world later. I was still active as a musician and friends were in bands, and things seemed really powerful and creative. The decade you mention was fun and fascinating for the arts and I enjoyed being around for it. Also, re: simplification, simple doesn't necessarily mean bad or good -- not everything has to be complicated to be enjoyable and moving.
  10. I haven't heard the Newman or the Harden. The other three I like very much but would have to go with the KD if I were voting (which I'm not, because I haven't spent any time with two of these records).
  11. Wow, 93! Glad he got to actually go into space.
  12. The "So, What Do You Think?" series returns! First up on Sunday the 14th of April is the duo of saxophonist Caroline Davis and guitarist Wendy Eisenberg, supported by the quartet Swoon (featuring violist Joanna Mattrey, violinist gabby fluke-mogul, trumpeter Chris Williams, and saxophonist Patrick Shiroishi). Doors at 7, music at 8, $15 either in advance or at the door. Wendy visited Tubby's last year in the trio Darlin' (with cellist Lester St. Louis and drummer Ryan Sawyer), and Chris was also at Tubby's last year in duo with Booker Stardrum. gabby played the series in 2022 as part of Queer Trash in a duo performance with Ava Mendoza, and Chris also played solo that year as part of the Astral Spirits label night. All of these sets were tremendous -- maybe you witnessed one or more of them! Wendy and Caroline are on tour in support of their new Astral Spirits LP Accept When, which can be sampled and pre-ordered here: https://daviseisenberg.bandcamp.com/album/accept-when We hope to see you in The Tub!