What vinyl are you spinning right now??

wolff

Nice - mine's got the Marte Roling cover, but I always dug the "Jazz Life" photo. Fantastic LP.

Don't think it's the same recording. Seems I had both back in the day.

There's Touching and Blood with the Roling cover, and a Jazz Life pressing of Blood which has the same catalog number/label. Definitely the same music. Then there's a Polydor Blood which is different music and yet another jacket.

The Polydor Blood is generally refered as 'Paul Bley in Haarlem' and looks like this:

897333364027fa92612379526eeb63ce.jpg

• Replies 55.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Caravan - In the Land of Grey and Pink (London)

Glenn Jones - Even to Win is to Fail (Thrill Jockey)

Mad River - s/t (Capitol, RE)

Archie Shepp/Bill Dixon - Consequences (BYG)

Captain Beyond - s/t (Capricorn)

Pocahaunted - Make It Real (Not Not Fun)

Peaking Lights - 936 (Not Not Fun)

Nice - mine's got the Marte Roling cover, but I always dug the "Jazz Life" photo. Fantastic LP.

There's Touching and Blood with the Roling cover, and a Jazz Life pressing of Blood which has the same catalog number/label. Definitely the same music. Then there's a Polydor Blood which is different music and yet another jacket.

The Polydor Blood is generally refered as 'Paul Bley in Haarlem' and looks like this:

my copy of Touching looks like this

Paul-Bley-Touching-442334.jpg

Ahh - WH Smiths for 69p for a Fontana. Those were the days. I wonder if they did any Tubby Hayes's and Ric Colbecks at that price?

Now spinning - Stan Tracey Trio 'Perspectives' (Columbia Lansdowne Series, stereo)

110589897225.jpg

Edited by sidewinder

Here's this site, again, for reference. My copy of Blood is white rather than red, but otherwise the same image.

41Wi4T%2BXVXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Pretty Baby soundtrack (ABC). This is one of my favorite New Orleans jazz albums of the 1970's, with Kid Thomas Valentine, Raymond Burke, Louis Nelson, The New Orleans Ragtime Orchestra, Louis Cottrell, and even a vocal by James Booker on "Whinin' Boy Blues." Never issued on CD, as far as I know.