what are you drinking right now?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

An old Austin buddy of mine mentioned a few weeks ago how he misses our having cups of Chai tea at our favorite restaurant, Clay Pit. That inspired me to start making Chai and I've been using this "Positively Organic Masala Chai Tea" that I get from Amazon. Delicious! Mellow and yet exciting. Lucinda has learned to love it too. We each have a steaming cup in the morning and it's a great start to the day. I don't even have coffee til mid-morning.

I use about 65% water, 35% milk, simmer the tea in the water two minutes while warming the milk, strain and combine. YUM!

51k8oTXrk9L.jpg

Edited by jazzbo

• 8 months later...
On Tuesday, December 15, 2015 at 11:32 PM, jazzbo said:

An old Austin buddy of mine mentioned a few weeks ago how he misses our having cups of Chai tea at our favorite restaurant, Clay Pit. That inspired me to start making Chai and I've been using this "Positively Organic Masala Chai Tea" that I get from Amazon. Delicious! Mellow and yet exciting. Lucinda has learned to love it too. We each have a steaming cup in the morning and it's a great start to the day. I don't even have coffee til mid-morning.

I use about 65% water, 35% milk, simmer the tea in the water two minutes while warming the milk, strain and combine. YUM!

51k8oTXrk9L.jpg

You can make it using regular tea plus one clove, one smashed cardomon and a small piece of cinnamon. Chai also needs sugar. I don't normally take sugar but chai is not really chai without it. Brown sugar is best.

11 hours ago, kinuta said:

You can make it using regular tea plus one clove, one smashed cardomon and a small piece of cinnamon. Chai also needs sugar. I don't normally take sugar but chai is not really chai without it. Brown sugar is best.

I use sugar. I prefer this blend to any I've made on my own.

5 hours ago, soulpope said:

Is this a 100% Negroamaro varietal ? Looks tasty ....

Yes it is - 100% Negroamaro and very tasty, 2014 vintage - but this one is already sold out. I still have four bottles in the basement, in case you stop by ... 

I prefer Negroamaro or a Primitivo with just the right amount of remaining sweetness over Chianti, most of which are too dry for my taste.  

Edited by mikeweil

1 hour ago, mikeweil said:

Yes it is - 100% Negroamaro and very tasty, 2014 vintage - but this one is already sold out. I still have four bottles in the basement, in case you stop by ... 

I prefer Negroamaro or a Primitivo with just the right amount of remaining sweetness over Chianti, most of which are too dry for my taste.  

Well there are some nice Chianti with some ripe- and sweetness out there :rolleyes:.... Negroamaro is an interesting varietal, do like the producer Ognissole and his IGT vintage 2014 .... nice price/value ratio too ....

1 hour ago, mikeweil said:

Being a connoisseur of wine can be even more costly and dangerous as being one of music ... whenever I get to Vienna again, we'll see. And hear, And ....

You're right .... nevertheless it is fun to search for these bargains - which can be found for white wine in Austria and reg reds in Italy .... still ....

• 2 weeks later...