alocispepraluger102

what are you drinking right now?

2,083 posts in this topic

A glass of California Pinot Noir.

Edited by Tim McG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2008 Catena Malbec Mendoza (Argentina)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sidewinder said:

Water.

Cold, hot, ice, lemon, sparkling, still???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dirty Bastard from Founders Brewing. 8.5% ABV.

Warm and yummy. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some chai I made up. 6 oz water, 6 oz whole milk, heaping tablespoon loose chai tea, simmered for about five minutes. YUM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beaulieu Vineyards Pinot Noir.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3 December 2015 at 21:37:56, jlhoots said:

Cold, hot, ice, lemon, sparkling, still???

Tepid :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sidewinder said:

Tepid :D

I prefer cold & sparkling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An old Austin buddy of mine mentioned a few weeks ago how he misses our having cups of Chai tea at our favorite restaurant, Clay Pit. That inspired me to start making Chai and I've been using this "Positively Organic Masala Chai Tea" that I get from Amazon. Delicious! Mellow and yet exciting. Lucinda has learned to love it too. We each have a steaming cup in the morning and it's a great start to the day. I don't even have coffee til mid-morning.

 

I use about 65% water, 35% milk, simmer the tea in the water two minutes while warming the milk, strain and combine. YUM!

51k8oTXrk9L.jpg

Edited by jazzbo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Tuesday, December 15, 2015 at 11:32 PM, jazzbo said:

An old Austin buddy of mine mentioned a few weeks ago how he misses our having cups of Chai tea at our favorite restaurant, Clay Pit. That inspired me to start making Chai and I've been using this "Positively Organic Masala Chai Tea" that I get from Amazon. Delicious! Mellow and yet exciting. Lucinda has learned to love it too. We each have a steaming cup in the morning and it's a great start to the day. I don't even have coffee til mid-morning.

 

I use about 65% water, 35% milk, simmer the tea in the water two minutes while warming the milk, strain and combine. YUM!

51k8oTXrk9L.jpg

You can make it using regular tea plus one clove, one smashed cardomon and a small piece of cinnamon. Chai also needs sugar. I don't normally take sugar but chai is not really chai without it. Brown sugar is best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unwinding with a dram of this:

img-the-bar-collection_0141_bulleit.png

Edited by HutchFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mikeweil said:

16759_0.jpg

Is this a 100% Negroamaro varietal ? Looks tasty ....

Edited by soulpope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kinuta said:

You can make it using regular tea plus one clove, one smashed cardomon and a small piece of cinnamon. Chai also needs sugar. I don't normally take sugar but chai is not really chai without it. Brown sugar is best.

I use sugar. I prefer this blend to any I've made on my own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, soulpope said:

Is this a 100% Negroamaro varietal ? Looks tasty ....

Yes it is - 100% Negroamaro and very tasty, 2014 vintage - but this one is already sold out. I still have four bottles in the basement, in case you stop by ... 

I prefer Negroamaro or a Primitivo with just the right amount of remaining sweetness over Chianti, most of which are too dry for my taste.  

Edited by mikeweil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, optatio said:

26523336dr.jpg

beer from here!

Cheers aka PROST :D ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mikeweil said:

Yes it is - 100% Negroamaro and very tasty, 2014 vintage - but this one is already sold out. I still have four bottles in the basement, in case you stop by ... 

I prefer Negroamaro or a Primitivo with just the right amount of remaining sweetness over Chianti, most of which are too dry for my taste.  

Well there are some nice Chianti with some ripe- and sweetness out there :rolleyes:.... Negroamaro is an interesting varietal, do like the producer Ognissole and his IGT vintage 2014 .... nice price/value ratio too ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being a connoisseur of wine can be even more costly and dangerous as being one of music ... whenever I get to Vienna again, we'll see. And hear, And ....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mikeweil said:

Being a connoisseur of wine can be even more costly and dangerous as being one of music ... whenever I get to Vienna again, we'll see. And hear, And ....

 

You're right .... nevertheless it is fun to search for these bargains - which can be found for white wine in Austria and reg reds in Italy .... still ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16074_0.jpg       

2014 vintage  - Arneis is an old grape variety from Piemont - I live in the Riesling area but like this grape better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.