Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eric

Pet Sounds ...

9 posts in this topic

I have the 1990 version with the three bonus tracks. I see there is a 1999 version with both the stereo and mono versions - is it worth my while to upgrade?

Eric

I've owned both, and the '99 edition is the way to go, as far as I'm concerned...

Are we talking Beach Boys here or is this some animal thread I missed? Remastered pet sounds seems kind of kinky.

I've owned both, and the '99 edition is the way to go, as far as I'm concerned...

Same here, although if you're a geek about this album like I am, you should consider buying the PET SONDS box.

Thanks - think I will spring for the 99 version. The 90 version sounds kinda lousy to me ...

Eric

I have the 1990 version with the three bonus tracks. I see there is a 1999 version with both the stereo and mono versions - is it worth my while to upgrade?

Eric

What's interesting, is that the 1999 version with Stereo & Mono does not have all 3 of the bonus cuts. I think it only has 2 of the bonus cuts.

Same here, although if you're a geek about this album like I am, you should consider buying the PET SOUNDS box.

YES! the Box Set s very cool.

but, Pet Sounds is best appreciated in MONO-on LP. ^_^

A lot of audiophiles swear by the out of print DCC version mastered by Steve Hoffman. You can still find it occassionally but usually it's pricey. However for a reasonable price you can get the version released last year that has Mono, stereo, and 5.1 surround mixes in DVD-Audio, Dolby Digital, and DTS. It also has some video stuff like "the making of" some early videos, and lyrics.

The isolated vocal tracks contained in the box set are so beautiful. If God could sing...