Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jim R

Huell Howser, RIP

6 posts in this topic

This is sad, a bit surprising (but he did "suddenly" retire last year). I met him a couple of times in passing through the LA Conservancy, and he was a really good person, as far as I know. And the shows are great.

Yeah, not too much more can be said. By all accounts he was a great guy, his shows were informative and entertaining, and he will be missed here in California.

I really liked his PBS California's Gold series. He sought out the obscure right along with the mundane and made them both seem like something special.

At 67, he died far too young. Rest in Peace, Huell.

http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/Reuters/2013-01-07T222529Z_486753229_GM1E9180HOM01_RTRMADP_3_PEOPLE-HUELLHOWSER.JPG

Edited by GoodSpeak

I was really sad to read that he had passed. Years ago, I used to think he was kind of a goofball, but now I've come to see that he really was a jedi master. I wish I could have his enthusiasm for life and his willingness to show it. Even if some people might make fun of me.

I completely agree with what GoodSpeak said about making the obscure and mundane seem like something special.

R.I.P. Huell. You made the world a better place.

Edited by AfricaBrass