Stonewall15

LF Los Angeles Jazz Institute (LAJI) CD

32 posts in this topic

I am still looking for more reasonably priced CDs of LAJI-001 and -002.

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 11:42 AM, Stonewall15 said:

LAJI-001 Jazz A La Lighthouse

LAJI-002 West Coast Rarities

LAJI-003 West Coast Big Band Rarities

LAJI-004 The Rare And Unissued Shorty Rogers

LAJI-005 Stan Kenton's Artistry In Comedy

LAJI-006 Shorty Rogers And His Giants Live At The Rendezvous Ballroom vol. 1

LAJI-007 Shorty Rogers And His Giants Live At The Rendezvous Ballroom vol. 2

LAJI-008 Howard Lucraft And His Music

LAJI-009 Rare And Unissued Chet Baker

LAJI-010 Howard Rumsey's Lighthouse All-Stars On The Air

LAJI-011 Howard Rumsey's Lighthouse All-Stars Live In The Solo Spotlight

LAJI-012 Over The Rainbow- Rare And Unissued Art Pepper

LAJI-013 West Coast Jazz On Television- Rare And Unissued Jazz On TV

LAJI-014 Welcome Home Stan! - Stan Kenton & His Orchestra With Anita O'Day

LAJI-015 Swing House- Gerry Mulligan On The West Coast 1952

LAJI-016 Stan Getz- The West Coast Jazz Years

LAJI-017 Coolin' Off In California- The Tristano-ites Invade Hollywood

LAJI-018 West Coast Ensembles From The 1950s (Still in production- release later in 2021)

Bump.

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 11:42 AM, Stonewall15 said:

LAJI-001 Jazz A La Lighthouse

LAJI-002 West Coast Rarities

LAJI-003 West Coast Big Band Rarities

LAJI-004 The Rare And Unissued Shorty Rogers

LAJI-005 Stan Kenton's Artistry In Comedy

LAJI-006 Shorty Rogers And His Giants Live At The Rendezvous Ballroom vol. 1

LAJI-007 Shorty Rogers And His Giants Live At The Rendezvous Ballroom vol. 2

LAJI-008 Howard Lucraft And His Music

LAJI-009 Rare And Unissued Chet Baker

LAJI-010 Howard Rumsey's Lighthouse All-Stars On The Air

LAJI-011 Howard Rumsey's Lighthouse All-Stars Live In The Solo Spotlight

LAJI-012 Over The Rainbow- Rare And Unissued Art Pepper

LAJI-013 West Coast Jazz On Television- Rare And Unissued Jazz On TV

LAJI-014 Welcome Home Stan! - Stan Kenton & His Orchestra With Anita O'Day

LAJI-015 Swing House- Gerry Mulligan On The West Coast 1952

LAJI-016 Stan Getz- The West Coast Jazz Years

LAJI-017 Coolin' Off In California- The Tristano-ites Invade Hollywood

LAJI-018 West Coast Ensembles From The 1950s (Still in production- release later in 2021)

Bump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have a picture of the covers for #'s 17 & 18?

thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2021 at 5:59 PM, romualdo said:

need to add Vol 17 (my favourtie from the series followed closely by the two Rendezvous Ballroom with Wardell Gray releases) ie Warne Marsh/Lee Konitz/Ronnie Ball/Ted Brown/Jeff Morton - "Coolin' Off In California - The Tristano-ites Invade Hollywood"

The vast majority of the titles from these sets have never been previously released (LP or CD) 

Vol. 17 sounds pretty interesting - great band! Any more information? I checked Jack Goodwins' Warne Marsh site but couldn't find anything ... also the LAJI site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, bakeostrin said:

Does anyone have a picture of the covers for #'s 17 & 18?

thank you

#18 hasn't been released yet

Discogs is way behind with its LAJI releases - only up to Vol. 5

Here's the cover to LAJI 17 - my favourite release so far

even has one track (prev unrel alt take) from the Marsh/Pepper Contemporary session from Nov 56

Marsh2.jpg

Edited by romualdo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, romualdo said:

#18 hasn't been released yet

Discogs is way behind with its LAJI releases - only up to Vol. 5

Here's the cover to LAJI 17 - my favourite release so far

even has one track (prev unrel alt take) from the Marsh/Pepper Contemporary session from Nov 56

Marsh2.jpg

Thank you; I found no reference to the title on an internet search or when I looked on the LAJI website; incorrect search perhaps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Backwhat said:

Discogs has all these releases under the Lighthouse Records label:

https://www.discogs.com/label/230092-Lighthouse-Records-4

I called the Eric at the LA Jazz Institute and he told me that 17 is not ready to send out yet, something with the booklet not being ready.

you mean 18? I've had 17 for a while now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.