Crash
01. Nick's Kick

Jerry Cook (ts);
Cory Weeds (as);
Dr. Lonnie Smith (org);
Dave Sikula (g);
Mark Humeniuk (b);
Bernie Arai (d).

______________________________________________________________________________________
Private recording
Celebrating The Incredible Jazz Guitar of Wes Montgomery
Dizzy's Club Coca Cola, NYC 2015-03-08
02. The Way You Look Tonight

Yotam Silberstein (g);
Brian Charette (org);
Jordan Young (d).

____________________________________________________________________________________

CD Goes Blues
Ximo Tebar
03. Goes Blues

Ximo Tebar (g);
Dr. Lonnie Smith (org);
Idris Muhammad (d).

_______________________________________________________________________________________

CD Organic Grooves
Essence All Stars -
04. Luny Tune

Joey DeFrancesco- b3
Kenny Garrett- as,
Tony Purrone- g,
Lenny White- d.

________________________________________________________________________________________

CD When It Haynes It Pours
Roy Haynes Quartet
05. Easy Living

Roy Hanyes (d);
Craig Handy (ts);
David Kikoski (p)
Ed Howard (b).

_________________________________________________________________________________________

CD Take Your Pick
Hoaward Alden
06 Warm Valley

Howard Alden (g);
Renee Rosnes (p);
Michael Moore (b);
Bill Goodwin (d).

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Album rip A Pair To Draw To
Ross Tompkins and Herb Ellis
07. You And The Night And The Music

Herb Ellis- g
Ross Tompkins- p

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Private recording Live at Dizzy's Club Coca Cola, NYC
08. Try To Put A Bass Aboard A Plane

Jay Leonhart (b, voc).

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Lewis Nash Septet
Rhythm Is My Business
09. Celtic medley- Eleanor Plunkett, Planxty Burke

Lewis Nash- d,
Renee Rosnes- p,
Jeremy Pelt- tp,
Steve Wilson- as,
Jimmy Greene- ts, fl,
Peter Washington- b,
Steve Kroon- perc.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Jimmy Heath
Prelude to a Kiss 
10. There Will Never Be Another You

Jimmy Heath- ts,
Mulgrew Miller- p,
Chris Thomas- b,
Clarence Penn- d.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Charlie Rouse
The Music Of Tadd Dameron
11. The Chase

Charlie Rouse- ts,
Tommy Flanagan- p,
George Mraz- b,
Kenny Washington- d

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wayne Shorter and the Jazz At Lincoln Center Orchestra
12. Contemplation

Wayne Shorter- ts, ss,
Wynton Marsalis- tp,
Ryan Kisor- tp,
Kenny Rampton- tp,
Marcus Printup- tp,
Vincent Gardner- tb,
Chris Crenshaw- tb,
Ekkiot Mason- tb,
Sherman Irbu- as, fl,
Ted Nash- as
Victpr Goines- ts
Walter Blanding- ts
Paul Nedzela- bs,
Dan Nimmer- p,
Carlos Hrntiquez- b,
Ali Jackson- d.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Von Freeman Quartet + Johnny Griffin
Blowin' in from Chicago
13. Now's The Time

Von Freeman- ts,
John Young- p,
Ron Carter- b,
Billy Higgins- d
Johnny Griffin- ts

Hi Tom,
I can't believe I didn't think of Lonnie Smith! : banghead: Not one correct, this time. I sing "The way you look..." so it's odd I couldn't come up with the title even. Did you record that private recording yourself? I agree with Spontaneous about the live tracks, those were really great.
Kind regards, page

Edited by page

Tom, your private recordings are a real treat, but it is no wonder that I could not figure out which albums they came from.

I have no excuse on the other tracks though. I am excited about going out and getting several new albums based on this Blindfold Test--certainly for Tracks 1, 9, 12 and 13.  I have the album for Track 5, and saw that group live, and still could not identify it.

Thanks for a very enjoyable and interesting Blindfold Test. I am sorry that the discussion time was shortened by the board shutdown toward the end of the month, when more discussion usually takes place,

Hi Tom,
I can't believe I didn't think of Lonnie Smith! : banghead: Not one correct, this time. I sing "The way you look..." so it's odd I couldn't come up with the title even. Did you record that private recording yourself? I agree with Spontaneous about the live tracks, those were really great.
Just to tell you, I did start my haunt early in the month, but then there were things happening which made me not feeling at ease to take my time to thoroughly search. A bit restless times and now my cat has turned out to have something serious and needs medication for the rest of her life. Sorry, I've been kind of distracted. Don't want you to think I didn't want to make an effort and posted late because of that.
Kind regards, page

Hi Tom,
Just to tell you, I did start my haunt early in the month, but then there were things happening which made me not feeling at ease to take my time to thoroughly search. A bit restless times and now my cat has turned out to have something serious and needs medication for the rest of her life. Sorry, I've been kind of distracted. Don't want you to think I didn't want to make an effort and posted late because of that.
Kind regards, page

Tom, your private recordings are a real treat, but it is no wonder that I could not figure out which albums they came from.

I have no excuse on the other tracks though. I am excited about going out and getting several new albums based on this Blindfold Test--certainly for Tracks 1, 9, 12 and 13.  I have the album for Track 5, and saw that group live, and still could not identify it.

Thanks for a very enjoyable and interesting Blindfold Test. I am sorry that the discussion time was shortened by the board shutdown toward the end of the month, when more discussion usually takes place,

# 12 is also a private recording.

Hi Tom,
Kind regards, page

Hi Tom,
Kind regards, page

# 12 is also a private recording.

Thanks for reminding me about #12, before I spent time searching for the CD.

Sorry for the no show in the comments section.  I did, however, get to listen to the BFT quite a lot and enjoyed it.  Totally not what I usually listen to, so all new to me.

Thanks for you effort.

Ah, It looks a bit funny to see my comments twice even the part I took away since it was just meant for Tom to explain. Your post wasn't there yet when I did that, so I guess there are still forum functions not really working well. It's no secret though, so I don't mind. For anyone who wants to know. I've managed to let my cat swallow her pills, yesterday ánd today; which is a tough task I can tell you. She has a condition which will not get better, so I'll have to give her the medication which will help her control it the rest of her life. I just hope she'll keep on letting me do that. I'm still feeling a bit restless, so I'll think I'll skip a game, just to not let anyone down. It feels that I do when I can't spend enough time searching. I'll still be at the forums though, so not disappearing or anything.
See you guys around. Thanks.
kind regards, page