Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
romualdo

SME's Karyobin to be reissued in Japan

8 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, romualdo said:

Looks like Karyobin is going to be released in Japan in March (a bit pricey - 2667 yen)

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/UICY-77702

Along with a handful of other unusualities including The Sun Is Coming Up. I didn't know Karyobin was owned by Universal. Maybe only in Japan?

Oh I get it - Island.

Earlier thread:

http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php?/topic/78478-ric-colbeck-the-sun-is-coming-up/

... and for your listening pleasure, without the need to place a second mortgage on your daughter's dollhouse, now available on the Emanem label, for the no-brainer price of $16.95.

"The 2nd SME record to be issued, a 1968 classic of free improvisation as the quintet of John Stevens, Evan Parker, Derek Bailey, Dave Holland, and Kenny Wheeler, the 1st SME to feature their new organisational method, here remastered with far superior sound and balance than previous issues, with new notes by Evan Parker, Dave Holland and Martin Davidson plus session photos."

SQUIDCO

Did Adam Skeaping do the remaster for the Japanese edition as well, or just the UK edition?

My understanding is that the Japanese was a needle drop. I think I read this in the blurb from Emanem whose version comes with the co-operation of Evan Parker which is good enough for me

4 hours ago, mjazzg said:

My understanding is that the Japanese was a needle drop. I think I read this in the blurb from Emanem whose version comes with the co-operation of Evan Parker, which is good enough for me.

Good to know — thanks for that information! (But they took out Yoko Ono's doorbell sound? Noooo!)

Somewhat annoying news, me having shelved out too much for that overpriced Japanese disc ...