Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
soulpope

Dexter Gordon "At The Subway Club 1973" (Elemental Music)

33 posts in this topic

On 4/5/2019 at 2:24 PM, Ed Swinnich said:

Another Dexaholic checking in.  Looking forward to this.  Ordered it a a couple of days ago.

 

Another recent Dexter CD I picked up is Dexter Gordon - In The Cave: Live At Persepolis Utrecht 1963.  Highly recommended.  It will give you a nice Dexter fix until this new one is released

 

 

In The Cave: Live At Persepolis Utrecht 1963

As one who owns 107 LTD titles, I really appreciate this. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2019 at 2:35 AM, mrjazzman said:

As one who owns 107 LTD titles, I really appreciate this. Thank you.

You are welcome.  If you picked up In The Cave I hope you enjoyed it.

 

I really like how they leave in Dexter's song  intros.  I love the version of I Wanna Blow Now. Made me wish I was there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished listening to the first disc of Subway Club.  It's mastered at an oddly low volume.  I had to really turn it up to get a feel for the music.  When I did, it revealed some wonderful performances.  Kudos to Haverhoek on bass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-04-05 at 5:24 PM, Ed Swinnich said:

Another recent Dexter CD I picked up is Dexter Gordon - In The Cave: Live At Persepolis Utrecht 1963.  Highly recommended.  It will give you a nice Dexter fix until this new one is released

 

In The Cave: Live At Persepolis Utrecht 1963

Did this one get caught up in a rights issue and yanked?  It seems to be completely unavailable from Amazon.com and Amazon.ca.  There may be a copy or two in some European stores, but this is looking quite rare now.  Drat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the Subway Club release, the writer credit for It's You Or No One is given as Sammy Cahn, Lee Konitz, and Jule Styne.  I've never seen Konitz mentioned as a co-writer.  What's the story?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2021 at 8:05 PM, ejp626 said:

Did this one get caught up in a rights issue and yanked?  It seems to be completely unavailable from Amazon.com and Amazon.ca.  There may be a copy or two in some European stores, but this is looking quite rare now.  Drat.

Not sure what the shipping would be from Europe, but it's listed on the Jazz Messengers site

 

Dexter Gordon - In the Cave - from Jazz Messengers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.