Gabor Szabo, Nancy Wilson music in "The Queen's Gambit""

Netflix has a great, IMHO, film/limited series based on the Walter Tevis novel, "The Queen's Gambit". Tevis was the author of the novel "The Hustler" that was the source of the movie starring Paul Newman, Geo. C Scott, Jackie Gleason and Piper Laurie. Tevis also wrote "The Man Who Fell To Earth", also made into a film starring David Bowie.

The "Queen;s Gambit" deals with a female chess prodigy in the 1960s, and uses some very interesting source music, notably Gabor Szabo's "Somewhere I Belong" and Nancy Wilson singing "Teach Me Tonight". In the European scenes, Georgie Fame is also heard, and Donovan's Bert's Blues (Bert Jansch) is played, featuring a jazz harpsichord solo(!), and "Comin' Home Baby" is played (uncredited).

Some other obscure pop music is featured, including a video of Shocking Blue playing "I'm Your Venus" featuring the beautiful and mysterious Mariska Veres. The obscure singer Gillian Hill,

Martha and the Vandellas,  a new song that sounds like an undiscovered  Brian Wilson song, and Tandyn Almer's "Along Comes Mary" some swinging Tiijuana Brass tune, and the beautiful young actress Anya Taylor Joy stars. What the hell more do ya want?!!!