New Sam Rivers and others on No Business

felser

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Pim said:

Well they don’t.... I don’t know what I am doing wrong but every label I ask a question does not respond :( maybe you could give it a try? :)

I've always (USA) purchased NoBusiness releases through eBay, seller name poligrafovicius iirc. Every time I asked a question or sent a message through eBay, a guy named Valerij (surname Anosov iirc, according to postal return address) responded promptly.  

Edited by T.D.

1 hour ago, T.D. said:

I've always (USA) purchased NoBusiness releases through eBay, seller name poligrafovicius iirc. Every time I asked a question or sent a message through eBay, a guy named Valerij (surname Anosov iirc, according to postal return address) responded promptly.  

Thanks I could try that!

4 hours ago, Pim said:

Well they don’t.... I don’t know what I am doing wrong but every label I ask a question does not respond :( maybe you could give it a try? :)

At the moment the producers of NoBusiness have a hard time. I assume that's the reason they do not respond IMHO. At the time being Danas Mikailionis and myself are working on a release which is scheduled for May 2021 but me too have to wait longer than usual for a reply. And Valerij Anosov is the co-producer of NoBusiness Records (he is credited on nearly all NoBusiness releases). He had a stroke last year which means that Danas Mikailionis had to do the whole work alone, besides his regular work. Not at least for the recent batch of releases from November. And that's not the whole story insofar. So have a little bit of patience and they will respond I'm sure. Regarding a box set of the Sam Rivers' releases I'm in doubt about it. But actually I do not know it and I haven't talked with Danas about such a project at all.

On 03/02/2021 at 9:11 PM, Onxidlib said:

At the moment the producers of NoBusiness have a hard time. I assume that's the reason they do not respond IMHO. At the time being Danas Mikailionis and myself are working on a release which is scheduled for May 2021 but me too have to wait longer than usual for a reply. And Valerij Anosov is the co-producer of NoBusiness Records (he is credited on nearly all NoBusiness releases). He had a stroke last year which means that Danas Mikailionis had to do the whole work alone, besides his regular work. Not at least for the recent batch of releases from November. And that's not the whole story insofar. So have a little bit of patience and they will respond I'm sure. Regarding a box set of the Sam Rivers' releases I'm in doubt about it. But actually I do not know it and I haven't talked with Danas about such a project at all.

I hope that they will get better. They have always been very friendly, enthusiastic and professional and brought about many musical surprises.

6 hours ago, OliverM said:

I hope that they will get better. They have always been very friendly, enthusiastic and professional and brought about many musical surprises.

Just ordered the 2 CD set Red Trio plus guests - 10 year celebration

I have a few (not enough - under 20) of their CD’s and they are uniformly challenging, musically exciting and wonderfully produced.

11 hours ago, ejp626 said:

I believe it is because those Bastards are so skilled at separating you from your money, but maybe someone has a different etymology.

As the originator of the phrase (on this forum), I can tell you that yes, this is what it means. One too many times I had to wlrite something like, "Oh I see Dusty Groove has X, Y, & Z in tonight, along with A,B, C, D, and a used copy of H,,,,,THE BASTARDS!!!" I noticed that many other members shared my sentiments about these rapscallions of records, so it was not long at all before another Organissimo addition to the  Puppetutes of Love took root and spread its sweet words of pizmotality full and far across the land.

14 hours ago, Steve Reynolds said:

Just ordered the 2 CD set Red Trio plus guests - 10 year celebration

I have a few (not enough - under 20) of their CD’s and they are uniformly challenging, musically exciting and wonderfully produced.

I think you'll be quite pleased. I've only had a chance to listen to it a couple times but there's lots to hear on this one.

7 hours ago, JSngry said:

As the originator of the phrase (on this forum), I can tell you that yes, this is what it means. One too many times I had to wlrite something like, "Oh I see Dusty Groove has X, Y, & Z in tonight, along with A,B, C, D, and a used copy of H,,,,,THE BASTARDS!!!" I noticed that many other members shared my sentiments about these rapscallions of records, so it was not long at all before another Organissimo addition to the  Puppetutes of Love took root and spread its sweet words of pizmotality full and far across the land.

Original post (according to the board search function) here:

The first one to use it after Jim seems to have been @mikeweil, so maybe he's the one who made it into a movement. :)

Edited by Daniel A

Well guys I’ve got a reply from NoBuisness to my question! My feeling was partly right. There will be two more volumes this year and: a 5 LP limited edition boxed set (300 copies). 

Now I like vinyl but that sounds like an incompletr set and will probably be expensive. So I’ll stick to the cd’s first. New order on the way. But not at those Bastards in Chicago ;)

17 hours ago, JSngry said:

so it's a term of "endearment" rather than a reflection of a generally "shitty" service. I've been using them for a number of years now (since 2004) & they have been spot on. Not one complaint over those 17 years - they've always come through (new & second hand) plus their shipping charges to Australia (including LPs) are miles ahead of any other US dealers - I don't know how they do it. I actually visited the shop in Chicago when I travelled to the states in 2017 plus also went upstairs & met John Corbett at Corbett Vs Dempsey - even bought a stack of their CDs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10-2-2021 at 6:32 AM, Pim said:

Well guys I’ve got a reply from NoBuisness to my question! My feeling was partly right. There will be two more volumes this year and: a 5 LP limited edition boxed set (300 copies). 

Now I like vinyl but that sounds like an incompletr set and will probably be expensive. So I’ll stick to the cd’s first. New order on the way. But not at those Bastards in Chicago ;)

Ordered vol.2,3 and 4 today :)