Dmitry

Two jazz musicians finally make over a million dollars,but get indicted.

39 posts in this topic

Irvin Mayfield has long been exposed as a scoundrel. Ronald Markham I've not heard of, but dogs/fleas birds/feathers etc.

Here's the hometown rundown: https://www.nola.com/news/courts/article_a4844062-22de-11eb-8ded-17190a5a85fa.html

LOL line of the day:

However, Kelly promised that the sentencing hearing will show the story is much more complicated than a simple tale of greed. He suggested the flashy expenses highlighted in the indictment helped contribute to the sleek New Orleans Jazz Market building.

"As we will show to the judge, you don’t make a multi-million dollar deal for the city of New Orleans at a Waffle House. What remains today is a state-of-the-art building in Central City on Oretha Castle Haley, thanks to Irvin Mayfield and Ronald Markham," Kelly said. "There’s no Swiss bank account."

I mean, why the hell not, I think you can do ANY damn thing at a Waffle House, that seems to have been my experience. :g

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I signed the deed to our current house in a Dunkin Donuts. Not as ritzy as the Waffle House, I know.

Nevertheless...

Edited by Dmitry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IIRC Irvin Mayfield portrayed  himself as a hustler on "Treme". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that the sentence does not sound deserved, but this is an example of double standards in action. Trump and kids looted a charity and they only had to pay back the $2 million they stole and agree to be banned from running charities in New York in the future.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2019/oct/24/facebook-posts/trump-family-disallowed-operating-charities-new-yo/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, kh1958 said:

Not that the sentence does not sound deserved, but this is an example of double standards in action. Trump and kids looted a charity and they only had to pay back the $2 million they stole and agree to be banned from running charities in New York in the future.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2019/oct/24/facebook-posts/trump-family-disallowed-operating-charities-new-yo/

They'll get jail time because they are black. Rich white men don't get jail time for fraud. In general, rich white folk don't go to prison unless they're female (see Martha Stewart, Felicity Huffman & Lori Loughlin).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Special Prosecutor and enabled NY DA coming soon to a nation near you.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bresna said:

They'll get jail time because they are black. Rich white men don't get jail time for fraud. In general, rich white folk don't go to prison unless they're female (see Martha Stewart, Felicity Huffman & Lori Loughlin)

 
.Bernie Madoff comes to mind. Milken...the Enron and Worldcom people, Ponzi himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shoulda stuck to the Waffle House.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The White House wishes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dmitry said:

I signed the deed to our current house in a Dunkin Donuts. Not as ritzy as the Waffle House, I know.

Nevertheless...

Our neighborhood DD was shut down during the pandemic and now is "permanently closed."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dmitry said:
 
.Bernie Madoff comes to mind. Milken...the Enron and Worldcom people, Ponzi himself.

You mean Michael Milken - the guy Trump pardoned? Rich white guys protecting rich white guys. He probably hasn't pardoned Madoff because Madoff probably ripped off too many rich white guys. Milken ripped off the middle class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, jazztrain said:

Our neighborhood DD was shut down during the pandemic and now is "permanently closed."

Waffle House is permanently open.

No kidding, in the middle of the summer wave of the pandemic, when Texas restaurants were closed for everything except carry out and drive through, there was a lady sitting at a card table in the parking lot with a hand-painted sign that said "drive-thru Waffle House"  and she had a line.

I hope they still have that sign in the back room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, bresna said:

You mean Michael Milken - the guy Trump pardoned? Rich white guys protecting rich white guys. He probably hasn't pardoned Madoff because Madoff probably ripped off too many rich white guys. Milken ripped off the middle class.

Trump didn’t pardon Mllkien. The latter did his time long before Trump. He granted him clemency.
Clinton, on the other hand, pardoned Marc Rich...wire fraud, tax evasion etc. Trading with the enemy, if I recall.

Here lies the list of Obama’s pardons. Plenty of fraudsters there. No pictures, but I’m not into the skin pigmentation.

https://www.justice.gov/pardon/obama-pardons

Last I checked money has one color, and it’s not black or white. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As does the syrup at Waffle House. You want that multi-hued shit, go to IHOP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve never been in a Waffle House. Just checked, the closest one is 265 miles away, in Bethlehem, PA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Dmitry said:

I’ve never been in a Waffle House. Just checked, the closest one is 265 miles away, in Bethlehem, PA. 

It's basically like Denny's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL, it's nothing like Denny's. Nothing at all. Waffle House is a universe unto itself. FEMA does not have a Denny's index, word!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Hawaiian waffle was my favorite when I was a kid. We always went to Waffle House after Easter church services. There was a Waffle House for many years here in Bloomington at the corner of 10th and College, but the family owners finally sold the land and building, and it was replaced by a student apartment building. An iconic Btown location to me especially because the Waffle House was where a local jazz musician/promoter took Marshall Allen and John Gilmore after a Sun Ra gig here (either late 1970s or early 80s). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, ghost of miles said:

...the Waffle House was where a local jazz musician/promoter took Marshall Allen and John Gilmore after a Sun Ra gig here (either late 1970s or early 80s). 

Yeah, that would not have happened at a Denny's. NOT have happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, JSngry said:

Yeah, that would not have happened at a Denny's. NOT have happened.

Reminds me of the time I took Art and Laurie Pepper to a Golden Nugget in Chicago around 2 am.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dmitry said:

I’ve never been in a Waffle House. Just checked, the closest one is 265 miles away, in Bethlehem, PA. 

Dmitry,

I live in Georgia. If I drove 265 miles, I could visit 265 Waffle Houses. Seriously. 

Seeing two WaHo restaurants side-by-side is commonplace here. ... A few years back there was ONE interstate highway exit that had four Waffle Houses, one on every corner surrounding the intersection. 

...

And like Jim said, Waffle House is NOT like Denny's. 

 

Edited by HutchFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think I've ever seen a Waffle House, are they in California? I mean, out here, there's not even 7-11's across from each other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.