Dmitry

Two jazz musicians finally make over a million dollars,but get indicted.

39 posts in this topic

I've seen them in Ohio and Texas and points in between.

Have a sitter ready so you can have the family vacation during family hours, and then the adult vacation on Saturday night/Sunday morning., unless you're doing rural, in which case you can bring the kids, just tell them to look but don't touch.

On 11/11/2020 at 6:55 PM, JSngry said:

LOL, it's nothing like Denny's. Nothing at all. 

Both have a reputation for discrimination, so there's that. 

Still, nothing like Denny's.

The “Awful Waffle” is nothing like Denny’s. Not even close. It’s an experience all unto its self. No place converges all walks of life at 2am like a Waffle House. 

49 minutes ago, jcam_44 said:

No place converges all walks of life at 2am like a Waffle House. 

FTW!!!

I may have told this story before.  If so, forgive me.  But it's a good Waffle House story. ...

My freshman year at the University of Georgia, my dorm roommate Linn had some connections.  He could get in events -- concerts and such -- as an usher.  He managed to score us an ushering gig at the Atlanta Civic Center where the Sugar Ray Leonard vs. Roberto Duran fight was being shown via closed-circuit TV.  (This is way before pay-per-view.)   Turns out, this was the famous "No mas" fight where Duran was so humiliated by Sugar Ray that he quit.  An incredible night, historic bout, and I even picked up a couple bucks as tips for seating folks.

Afterwards, Linn and I are driving back to Athens, stop in a Waffle House, late at night.  Maybe 2:00am.  We're both college students, not much money -- but we're both really hungry. No dinner all evening.  So, after sitting down, we literally pile all of our money on the table, both bills and coins. And it ain't much.  The waitress comes up, and we say, "Bring as much breakfast as you can for this much money.  Be sure to include your tip because this is ALL we got."  We don't even tell her what to bring!  We don't expect much.  We just want some food.  

A few minutes later, we were both eating enormous breakfasts.  I mean the works.  There ain't no way that our money covered even half of it.

... The perfect capper to a memorable night.  I've loved WaHo ever since.

2 hours ago, HutchFan said:

I may have told this story before.  If so, forgive me.  But it's a good Waffle House story. ...

My freshman year at the University of Georgia, my dorm roommate Linn had some connections.  He could get in events -- concerts and such -- as an usher.  He managed to score us an ushering gig at the Atlanta Civic Center where the Sugar Ray Leonard vs. Roberto Duran fight was being shown via closed-circuit TV.  (This is way before pay-per-view.)   Turns out, this was the famous "No mas" fight where Duran was so humiliated by Sugar Ray that he quit.  An incredible night, historic bout, and I even picked up a couple bucks as tips for seating folks.

Afterwards, Linn and I are driving back to Athens, stop in a Waffle House, late at night.  Maybe 2:00am.  We're both college students, not much money -- but we're both really hungry. No dinner all evening.  So, after sitting down, we literally pile all of our money on the table, both bills and coins. And it ain't much.  The waitress comes up, and we say, "Bring as much breakfast as you can for this much money.  Be sure to include your tip because this is ALL we got."  We don't even tell her what to bring!  We don't expect much.  We just want some food.  

A few minutes later, we were both eating enormous breakfasts.  I mean the works.  There ain't no way that our money covered even half of it.

... The perfect capper to a memorable night.  I've loved WaHo ever since.

Something else that would not happen at a Denny's!

Sitting at a Denny's in Wappinger Falls, NY one night in the mid-1990s.. It was pushing midnight...the bum sleeping in the next booth started to snore louder. I asked the waitress, "Who is this bum, why doesn't the manager wake him up?". She said, "That's Denny.".

McLain?