Help with Italiano

So from Niko pointing at the Internet Archive I decided to check for "Percy France" and I found this very interesting hit.

The publication is RadioTVCorriere and is from 1980. The heading says "Radiodue" which google doesn't even translate. 

It also says 22,15 making me think its a 10:15 pm broadcast?

is the verbiage:

Radiouno jazz '80
Coordinate da Adroano Mazzolett•
Stagione Pubbflca do Concerto Jazz
Dalla Sola Grande del Conservatoroo
· Giuseppe Verdi - do Milano
Concerto del Tno Sammy Price. Percy
France. Candy Me Donald
Presenta Piero di Pasquale
Trasmlss oone reallzzata on collaborazoone
con Ia Sede regoonale AAI per Ia Lom·
bardia

and google translate gives

Radiouno jazz '80
Coordinated by Adroano Mazzolett •
Public Season of Jazz Concerto
From the Sola Grande of the Conservatoroo
Giuseppe Verdi - from Milan
Tno Sammy Price concert. Percy
France. Candy Me Donald
Presents Piero di Pasquale
Trasmlss is realized with collaboration
with the AAI registered office for Ia Lom ·
bardia

So is this a Sammy Price w. Percy France concert originating in Milan in 1980?  There is no indication I've found anywhere that Percy went to Europe before February 1982 (with the Oliver Jackson Trio).

Any help is appreciated!

(this is the archive link:

https://ia801708.us.archive.org/34/items/Radiocorriere-1980-19/RC-1980-19.pdf

Radio Due = Radio Two, and in most of Europe the 24-hour clock is used, 00:00-24:00, whereas most English-speaking countries use the 12-hour clock, AM and PM. So 22:15 is indeed 10:15 PM. In Italy that's CEST or Central European Summer Time ("daylight time" in the US), UTC+2.

Edited by J.A.W.

my Italian is pretty non-existent but indeed this looks like a live broadcasting of a trio (France, Price and drummer Candy McDonald) from some location in Milan which is specificed quite precisely... in the upper left corner it say "Saturday May 10" which also means it's from 1980

1 hour ago, Niko said:

my Italian is pretty non-existent but indeed this looks like a live broadcasting of a trio (France, Price and drummer Candy McDonald) from some location in Milan which is specificed quite precisely... in the upper left corner it say "Saturday May 10" which also means it's from 1980

It's correct, broadcasted from the largest concert hall of the Milan Conservatory of Music, wich has two halls. Here's the link the picture show the hall after the 2001 restoration. It always had an excellent acoustic if memory serves me well based on the few times I attended a concert there.

Edited by porcy62

Wow - thanks to all! And what a beautiful location for a night of boogie, blues and jazz. 

(I think some of the issues in the translation by Google came from using Adobe to convert to searchable text after I saved the PDF. They like to make i's into o's.  And, Discogs tells me that Sammy Price made a record with Candy McDonald in 1980, with Doc Cheatham, backing a girl singer. Other than taking place in Italy it all makes sense. ;) )

So is there a huge Italian radio archive just like the one in France? 

You guys are the best.

11 hours ago, Dan Gould said:

So is there a huge Italian radio archive just like the one in France?

I think jazz was considered a true form of art (not "pop" music) since the late fifties over here, though not as much as in France, so I think we might have a good radio archive. The fact we couldn't promote it is another (sad) story.

Edited by porcy62

11 minutes ago, porcy62 said:

I think jazz was considered a true form of art (not "pop" music) since the late fifties over here, though not as much as in France, so I think we might have a good radio archive. The fact we couldn't promote it is another (sad) story.

Not only in Italy and France, jazz was (and still is) considered a true art form in Northern Europe as well. Like classical music it is taken seriously here.

Edited by J.A.W.

I just hope the radio archive takes it as seriously as the people do. :)

Hopefully the producer that Agustin has been in contact with can help  me ... I am now wondering whether the concert would have taken place live or in the previous ... week? Month? and then get edited for broadcast. 

I've also done a google search for a concert poster but no luck. 

BTW I updated the google translate page correcting for Adobe mistakes and we get this - looks a lot better:

22.15 Radio uno jazz '80
Coordinated by 
Adriano Mazzoletti
Public Season of Jazz Concerts
From the Great Hall of the Conservatory
Giuseppe Verdi - from Milan
Concert by the Sammy Price Trio. Percy France. 
Candy Mc Donald
Presents Piero di Pasquale
Broadcast made in collaboration
with the RAI regional office for Lombardy