greggery peccary

FS- Yo Yo Ma Outside the Box (90 CD set)

1 post in this topic

Hi- I'm offering the Yo Yo Ma "Outside the Box" set for sale. Some CDs were played once to put into iTunes (small group/chamber stuff). The rest of the CDs are unplayed. The hardcover 300+ page book is unread. It is mint. The only issue is the split in the lower left of the box top. This is the way it arrived from Sony's early version of PopMarket. I requested a replacement top and as you can see/tell they never helped me out.

I have pictures, but I'll be damned if I can figure out how to make the files small enough to be able to post them.:angry:  I'm happy to send to any interested parties.

The set weighs just under 14 lbs. Shipping will be at actual cost by the method of your choice.

Here is the blurb from Amazon:

A life's work in a box-a box almost as beautiful as the music within. Inside the case-made, velvet-lined, lift-off box are 90 CDs in mini-jackets with original cover art. The discs contain nothing less than the recorded history of Yo-Yo Ma: 88 CDs of albums (including 15 Grammy winners) plus two CDs of bonus tracks-all remastered with DSD technology. The sum total of the music defies categorization: Hush with Bobby McFerrin, Appalachian Walts and Appalachian Journey with Mark O'Connor and Edgar Meyer, his stunning tributes to the music of Brazil ( Obrigado Brazil and Obrigado Brazil Live in Concert ), his hit collaboration album Songs of Joy & Peace and on and on. The 312-page hardbound book boasts rare photos, essays, artist bios, track lists, original liners, a glowing foreword by Emanuel Ax and messages from Ted Kennedy, James Taylor, Alan Alda, Alison Krauss, Dave Brubeck, Wynton Marsalis and many other admirers. Each limited-edition box comes individually numbered with a letter of authenticity a truly magnificent release from a once-in-a-generation talent.

Paypal is preferred, however, I will accept a personal check or bank check, although I will wait for it to clear before shipping.

I'm asking $300. Thanks for looking.

PS- I have a slew (20+) of other classical box sets. Primarily chamber music, some unopened. Please let me know if you have something you're looking for and I'll let you know.

Edited by greggery peccary
text goes off page