• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5-B0-F086-E-EB53-491-E-8-B2-A-F03-B047-F

7-CC33-D44-D272-46-E2-BE2-B-56-C7004-ADD
If I would not like vinyl I would have bought a vinyl player just for this one Max Roach album. This band including Reggie Workman, Billy Harper and Cecil Bridgewater is one of the best groups in jazz history.

59 minutes ago, Pim said:
5-B0-F086-E-EB53-491-E-8-B2-A-F03-B047-F

7-CC33-D44-D272-46-E2-BE2-B-56-C7004-ADD
If I would not like vinyl I would have bought a vinyl player just for this one Max Roach album. This band including Reggie Workman, Billy Harper and Cecil Bridgewater is one of the best groups in jazz history.

With an Obi too! 

1 hour ago, mjazzg said:

With an Obi too! 

Haha oh yes I always like it when it’s included. All in near mint condition (only a small sticker visible on my picture on the obi). I think I’ve paid 50 euros for it back than which I already thought to be a ridiculous amount of money but saw on Discogs it has gone up again.

Ny02MDY3LmpwZWc.jpeg

MS04NTc1LmpwZWc.jpeg

All kinds of interesting, perhaps the most interesting of which is hearing fairly recently composed music being performed before it had in any way gotten old and/or standardized. As above, there is an element of "struggle" in these records that is quite compelling, not totally unlike watching kinescopes of early live TV. 

19 hours ago, Pim said:

Haha oh yes I always like it when it’s included. All in near mint condition (only a small sticker visible on my picture on the obi). I think I’ve paid 50 euros for it back than which I already thought to be a ridiculous amount of money but saw on Discogs it has gone up again.

OBI is usually a good sign that the record was well taken care of, but I always remove it, priority to the front cover for me! I still keep it though, no need to devalue the record of 20% !

NP: Wayne Shorter - "Speak No Evil"

15 hours ago, JSngry said:

Ny02MDY3LmpwZWc.jpeg

MS04NTc1LmpwZWc.jpeg

All kinds of interesting, perhaps the most interesting of which is hearing fairly recently composed music being performed before it had in any way gotten old and/or standardized. As above, there is an element of "struggle" in these records that is quite compelling, not totally unlike watching kinescopes of early live TV. 

The cover art's pretty interesting too as were the others upthread 

6 hours ago, jazzcorner said:

On Dragon vinyls?

Yes (DRLP 157/158) ! Similar vibe and arrangements to The Great Lars Gullin records from the same period with Getz and Benny Bailey, a lovely set. I am glad they did not systematically Indian-file all the alternates.

NP: Mode for Joe !