Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7-AD57-A64-0514-4569-905-F-15-E17-A6-A71

This is my favorite OP record by far. My father played it endlessly when I grew up and I could still hum every single note of it. 

013736-FF-7218-46-F3-ABA1-56598808-D276.

More music from the 30 LP batch I got shipped from Japan. I love John Gilmore. Wish he had recorded more outside of the Arkestra. 

Edited by Pim

1 hour ago, Pim said:

This is my favorite OP record by far. My father played it endlessly when I grew up and I could still hum every single note of it. 

More music from the 30 LP batch I got shipped from Japan. I love John Gilmore. Wish he had recorded more outside of the Arkestra. 

30LP?!!!   Well done, hope the buyer gave a nice discount

1 hour ago, mjazzg said:

30LP?!!!   Well done, hope the buyer gave a nice discount

Yeah didn’t order anything for almost half a year as I don’t listen a lot of music during summer days (too hot in the music room ;) ). Did set some money aside for a big order. As both vinyl prices and shipping costs are going trough the roof these days one big order seemed more wise and economical. 

I’ve ordered 30 LP’s from a Japanese seller. I calculated the total costs and it was 20 euros per LP including shipment, taxes etc. Very happy with it :)

5 minutes ago, Pim said:

Yeah didn’t order anything for almost half a year as I don’t listen a lot of music during summer days (too hot in the music room ;) ). Did set some money aside for a big order. As both vinyl prices and shipping costs are going trough the roof these days one big order seemed more wise and economical. 

I’ve ordered 30 LP’s from a Japanese seller. I calculated the total costs and it was 20 euros per LP including shipment, taxes etc. Very happy with it :)

Great, enjoy your treasure trove. A great price too

1 hour ago, Pim said:

Woohoo!  Enjoy!  :tup:tup:tup 

1 hour ago, mjazzg said:

Great, enjoy your treasure trove. A great price too

Yes indeed.  Christmas in October!  :)

15 hours ago, Pim said:

Yes , the "Blowin´ in from Chicago" is wonderful. 
I had it on the BN brown paperback double LP series under the name of Griffin "Blowing Sessions" and the second LP was the "Blowin´ in". Maybe in those days I paid more attention to the first LP because of Griff-Trane-Hank-Lee Morgan) but the "Jordan-Gilmore" is really a treasure. I think Gilmore also recorded later for BN, maybe with Andrew Hill. 
Sun Ra his major boss had a humour side on Gilmore´s playing outside the Arkestra and it´s reported that once he said to Gilmore "A little Bird told me that you did Birdland last night".....:lol:

13 hours ago, Gheorghe said:

Yes , the "Blowin´ in from Chicago" is wonderful. 
I had it on the BN brown paperback double LP series under the name of Griffin "Blowing Sessions" and the second LP was the "Blowin´ in". Maybe in those days I paid more attention to the first LP because of Griff-Trane-Hank-Lee Morgan) but the "Jordan-Gilmore" is really a treasure. I think Gilmore also recorded later for BN, maybe with Andrew Hill. 
Sun Ra his major boss had a humour side on Gilmore´s playing outside the Arkestra and it´s reported that once he said to Gilmore "A little Bird told me that you did Birdland last night".....:lol:

Yeah he played on Andrew!!! and Compulsion. Both very good albums.

DUKE_ELLINGTON_THE%2BCOMPLETE%2BDUKE%2BE

Phew! I love this set.

"Brown Betty" (not to be confused with "Brown Penny"), featuring trumpeter Nelson Williams as soloist, is one of the many Ellington cuts that weren't hits -- but should've been.  Williams' soloing is wonderful, but what really kills me is the ensemble work.  The piece has just got so much feeling.  It makes me wanna holler. ... And shortly after that gem comes the very first recordings of two more well-known Ellington-Strayhorn pieces: "Smada" and "Rock Skippin' at the Blue Note" -- both from an August 8, 1951 session.  Hooray for Ray Nance!  Hooray for Paul Gonsalves!  

Edited by HutchFan

[IMG] 
I always loved the music of P&B and this is one of my favorite performances of it. So much subtle emotions from all the guys. Less is more is kinda cliche to say but this music is the proof of the fact that it is true that sometimes less really is more. 

1 hour ago, Pim said:
[IMG] 
I always loved the music of P&B and this is one of my favorite performances of it. So much subtle emotions from all the guys. Less is more is kinda cliche to say but this music is the proof of the fact that it is true that sometimes less really is more. 

Yes, I like their version too