• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now on my turntable:

Ny0zNzk4LmpwZWc.jpeg

"The Electric" Jackie & Roy - Grass (Capitol, 1968)
Along with compositions by Roy Kral and Fran Landesman, Grass features songs by Lennon & McCartney, the BeeGees, Paul Simon, and Donovan. J&R are definitely throwing some sunshine-pop & groovy psychedelia into their musical stew.  On the other hand, their voices and harmonies are still unmistakable -- and swinging. Back in the day, the pop repertoire and psychedelic touches (light as they are) must have seemed jarring to long-time fans -- but, with the passing of 55 years, it just sounds (to me) like one more step in their long, evolutionary journey. 

Edited by HutchFan

1 hour ago, HutchFan said:

Now on my turntable:

Ny0zNzk4LmpwZWc.jpeg

"The Electric" Jackie & Roy - Grass (Capitol, 1968)
Along with compositions by Roy Kral and Fran Landesman, Grass features songs by Lennon & McCartney, the BeeGees, Paul Simon, and Donovan. J&R are definitely throwing some sunshine-pop & groovy psychedelia into their musical stew.  On the other hand, their voices and harmonies are still unmistakable -- and swinging. Back in the day, the pop repertoire and psychedelic touches (light as they are) must have seemed jarring to long-time fans -- but, with the passing of 55 years, it just sounds (to me) like one more step in their long, evolutionary journey. 

You know their Cheerios commercial, right?