• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, sidewinder said:

51V4WO7w+UL._AC_SX425_.jpg

French East Wind. With Cedar Walton’s trio.

One of my favourites and I purchased it when I heard Art Farmer for the first time in 1978. He lived in Vienna (at least when taking a break from touring), and performed here regularly. 
I have the album signed by Art Farmer with a dedication for me. 

Wonderful music ! And wonderful group ! 

48 minutes ago, Gheorghe said:

One of my favourites and I purchased it when I heard Art Farmer for the first time in 1978. He lived in Vienna (at least when taking a break from touring), and performed here regularly. 
I have the album signed by Art Farmer with a dedication for me. 

Wonderful music ! And wonderful group ! 

We've been blessed @ Vienna having opportunity to witness Art Farmer in concert on regular basis ....

1 hour ago, mjazzg said:

One day I'll find a copy not for silly money 

There are a couple of copies on discogs - not cheap though. On the other hand, I’ve never ever seen a ‘cheap’ copy and never come across it in physical shops.

Stonehenge site looking great this week and current conditions this year are the best time to see it, as mentioned by a staff member I spoke with. Admittedly though these days you can’t play cricket using one of the stones as a wicket, as I did as a lad..🤔

Edited by sidewinder

3 hours ago, sidewinder said:

There are a couple of copies on discogs - not cheap though. On the other hand, I’ve never ever seen a ‘cheap’ copy and never come across it in physical shops.

Stonehenge site looking great this week and current conditions this year are the best time to see it, as mentioned by a staff member I spoke with. Admittedly though these days you can’t play cricket using one of the stones as a wicket, as I did as a lad..🤔

The discogs listing has been on my radar for a while with the hope that someone will either reduce the price or another will be listed at a more reasonable price

No cricket for me but I did attend the festival acouple of times in the early 80s, other recreational activities...

14 hours ago, HutchFan said:

Now spinning:

Mi0xMjA3LmpwZWc.jpeg

Barbara Thompson's Paraphernalia - Wilde Tales (MCA UK, 1979)

Lovely album.

Yeah, she is very much missed on the scene over here - having said that, I was never fortunate enough to see her live. I recommend her ‘Live at the BBC’ CD box set.

Whenever I come across one of her LPs in the racks, it is often signed. Says a lot about her good natured personality, I think.

Now spinning:

MS5qcGVn.jpeg

Michal Urbaniak & Urszula Dudziak - Tribute to Komeda (MPS, rec. 1972)
Michal Urbaniak (vn, el-vn, ts, ss); Urszula Dudziak (vo, perc); Zbigniew Seifert (vn, as); Tomasz Stanko (tr, p); Attila Zoller (g); Roman Dylag (b); Peter Giger (d); Armen Halburian (perc)

Released as We'll Remember Komeda in Europe.