What vinyl are you spinning right now??

wolff

6 hours ago, jazzcorner said:

Just 'peanuts' but the label is IMHO "EastWorld" - Have the  vinyl and more of them. Great series not too much known among collectors.

;-]]

You are right; I didn't look closely enough. Nice album, I found two of this series for $5 each recently.

• Replies 55.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 3/5/2023 at 6:24 PM, kh1958 said:

Mary Halvorson, Amaryllis and Belladonna (Nonesuch)

Mississippi John Hurt Today (Vanguard)

Bud Shank, Barefoot Adventure (Pacific Jazz)image.jpeg.60df07dbd26c9c59476e79897683ba52.jpeg

Aurex Jazz Festival '82, All Star Jam (East Wind)

image.jpeg.7011029fa24917971b62346e09bdcbf5.jpegimage.jpeg.636fa286fb66dc6eef78e3c051febc87.jpegimage.jpeg.293e6ab6aef07c6e97b774b6760bc56c.jpeg

I have a copy of the Aurex ‘82 Jam LP somewhere.

Edited by sidewinder

On 3/4/2023 at 10:54 AM, HutchFan said:

Pim,

Here's some background info on Nathan Davis: https://londonjazzcollector.wordpress.com/2021/06/13/who-is-nathan-davis-a-guest-post/

Davis was from Pittsburgh, so it makes sense that Segue was based there.

Segué also issued non-jazz regional rock, funk and R&B on 45. 

15 hours ago, porcy62 said:

OS0yOTgwLmpwZWc.jpeg

NY, USA, Mono.

I remember there was a time I was less playing my self and was listening to more easy listening jazz like this one. It was my music on hot summer nights, with the windows open and just that sound, those long long tunes....

That was the time when I didn´t want to figure out stuff like I did earlier and like I do now, it was just the time for spinning records with really long tunes, like this, like "Long Drink of the Blues" etc......

6 hours ago, HutchFan said:

91ySpP-+YwL._SX600_.jpg

Music on Vinyl reissue

Really a great musician. I never saw him live, since sorry to say I saw Woody Shaw only after that period, I mean when he had Steve Turré on trombone instead of Carter Jefferson. 
So I know him from records only. Is it true that he died very early, like Woody Shaw ? 

7 hours ago, Gheorghe said:

Really a great musician. I never saw him live, since sorry to say I saw Woody Shaw only after that period, I mean when he had Steve Turré on trombone instead of Carter Jefferson. 
So I know him from records only. Is it true that he died very early, like Woody Shaw ? 

Yes.  He died in 1993, before his 50th birthday.  Apparently, he was a very heavy drinker and smoker.

:(