What vinyl are you spinning right now??

wolff

Phill Musra - The Creator Spaces - (Intex) rather indescribable early 70s free trio. Musra plays tenor and flute, his brother Michael Cosmic on alto, pump organ and xylophone, and Huseyin Ertunc (the Turkish Sunny Murray) is on drums. Never heard anything else quite like it, except for Ertunc's record, also on Intex.

• Replies 55.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's probably my favorite McLean Prestige...

Yes 'McLean's Scene' is beautiful but my favorite McLean Prestige would be 'Makin' The Changes'.

The version there of 'What's New' is one of the tunes that keeps playing in my head!

Those McLean Prestiges have come under fire too often. I find them stunning!

John Gilmore/Clifford Jordan Blue Note 1549--deep-groove flat-edge "New York 23" original.

DAMN this is one smokin' record!!!

I'm not as much of a hardbop conoisseur as some of you all, but that is probably one of my top five modern jazz records. It's insane! Of course, I only have a King mono pressing...

Dizzy Reece - Asia Minor - (New Jazz, recent Japanese pressing) I always find myself reaching for the Blue Notes, but this one is a fine session that should not be missed. Cecil Payne, Joe Farrell, Charli Persip, Hank Jones and Ron Carter round out the band and Jones is in great form. Not to mention Persip's solo on the last track...

:tup

Edited by clifford_thornton

Tina Brooks - True Blue - (BN King stereo) :tup:tup no slouches here!

Ya know, I recently got the Classic Records 200gm MONO version of this and I have to say, I much prefer the stereo mix over the mono one. Just something about how Teena & Freddie blend their horns but then make little statements outside of that blend that the stereo mix just makes 'em jump out of the speakers. The mono just doesn't do this...

:cool::tup

John Gilmore/Clifford Jordan Blue Note 1549--deep-groove flat-edge "New York 23" original.

DAMN this is one smokin' record!!!

I'm not as much of a hardbop conoisseur as some of you all, but that is probably one of my top five modern jazz records. It's insane! Of course, I only have a King mono pressing...

I carry no rankings in my head, but share the sentiment - GREAT record!

Sunny Murray - s/t - (Shandar original) amazing concert recording from '68, with Tusques, Guerin, Terroade, Portal, Vitet, Ambrose Jackson and poetry by Hart Leroy Bibbs (who acted in the first scene of Round Midnight, with Dexter Gordon). Similar band recorded for Pathe a few months later (Big Chief), another beautiful session commingling American and French players.