Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

my%20love%20is%20higher.jpg

NP: Harvey Milk--My Love Is Higher Than Your Assessment of What My Love Could Be (Chunklet reissue)

Chuck, I'd be really interested to find if you hear any similarities between this album and that Leo Smith record. Might be a stretch, but I do. Both groups break into their respective genres, of course. The deal is my roommate is really into metal, so he we are sharing by spinning favorite discs. I think Shawn might be into this, coming from a metal perspective.

Miles Davis & his Tuba Band (!), Pre-Birth of the Cool (Cicala)

The 1948 Royal Roost recordings. Still on that Birth of the Cool theme! :)

I suggest that it might be worth seeking out the "Complete Birth of the Cool" CD reissue that combines the studio tracks with all the live recordings. It includes the announcements, the short theme that is not on the Cicala LP, and more complete versions of several of the tracks.

I kept my RVG edition for the sound on the studio tracks, though.

Miles Davis & his Tuba Band (!), Pre-Birth of the Cool (Cicala)

The 1948 Royal Roost recordings. Still on that Birth of the Cool theme! :)

I suggest that it might be worth seeking out the "Complete Birth of the Cool" CD reissue that combines the studio tracks with all the live recordings. It includes the announcements, the short theme that is not on the Cicala LP, and more complete versions of several of the tracks.

I kept my RVG edition for the sound on the studio tracks, though.

Many thanks for that, jeffcrom! Yes, perhaps it's time to move on again. So far, I've had this stuff on 10" Capitol LP, 12" Capitol LP, Cicala LP and Capitol CD - mind you, that took 50 years! A lifetime of cool! :lol:

Joe Harriott - Jazz for moderns ( Gearbox) ex BBC 1962 - heavy vinyl sounding very good. Anyone have their Tubby Hayes release ?

edit to add that this a 45 rpm 12 inch with 4 tracks, about 12 minutes in total but with the classic line up of Harriott and Shake Keane

JHQ%20Jazz%20for%20Moderns%20COVER.jpg

Edited by Clunky