Which Mosaic Are You Enjoying Right Now?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoying that I've helped a friend to get a mint Curtis Fuller CD-set for under 50$ - very nice one!

Great deal, great set - whoever got it !

You don't happen to have any spare vinyl ones stacked away in your Alpine redoubt, do you? :P

Edited by sidewinder

Enjoying that I've helped a friend to get a mint Curtis Fuller CD-set for under 50$ - very nice one!

Great deal, great set - whoever got it !

You don't happen to have any spare vinyl ones stacked away in your Alpine redoubt, do you? :P

Alas no... the only vinyls I ever saw used (or rather: new but standing in a store for at least a decade when I bought them) are the Tina Brooks, the Art Pepper and the Buck Clayton. Other than those, even my OOP-Mosaic findings (online, mostly) were all CD sets.

Right now playing the Complete 1950-55 Illinois Jacquet... wish it existed! Don't have all tracks quite yet (the chronos went through the roof, pricewise, and I already have the "Kid & The Brute" VEE twofer and the useless Quadromania 4CD set, so I went for "Jacquet à la Carte" on Ocium and the Membran reissue of "Illinois Jacquet & His Orchestra", which leaves me with a gap of "Lazy Blues", "Pastel" and "All of Me" from the Clef 1951-01-18 session's quintet part... the first of the four tracks cut, "Speedliner", closes the Quadromania - how silly! Guess they just copied some Chronos there).

Listened to all three discs of the Charles Tolliver Mosaic Select this afternoon. Simply amazing music!

I have a production question. At first listen, I seem to have noticed a background tape hiss on CD # 1 (songs 2 and 3). Is this my imagination?

Thanks,

LWayne :tup