Which Mosaic Are You Enjoying Right Now?

5124SYNXECL._AA240_.jpg

After several days taking in Sonny Rollins' Complete Prestige Recordings, I'm back to The Complete Clef/Verve Count Basie Fifties Studio Recordings. I knew I would like this set for the great price I got on it at Amazon.UK but this Mosaic is really exceeding my expectations. Great soloists, Basie's wonderful economical playing and a band that will blow your hair back-great stuff!

Edited by mikelz777

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giving the Larry Young LP set an airing. LP6 - the 'Of Love and Peace' session.

I listened to records 5, 6 and 7 a few days ago.

The 'Of Love and Peace' session is very challenging but I am starting to like it.

I much prefer the more 'conventional' Larry Young stuff. The 'Unity' session is in a league of its own.

I really like this set . I also like the fact that it has nine records for nine albums. That must be my French cartesian side.... :D

Edited by ASNL77

Giving the Larry Young LP set an airing. LP6 - the 'Of Love and Peace' session.

I listened to records 5, 6 and 7 a few days ago.

The 'Of Love and Peace' session is very challenging but I am starting to like it.

I much prefer the more 'conventional' Larry Young stuff. The 'Unity' session is in a league of its own.

I really like this set . I also like the fact that it has nine records for nine albums. That must be my French cartesian side.... :D

I had a similar reaction to 'Of Love and Peace' but now am of the opinion that it is magnificent ! 'Seven Steps' took a bit of a while getting used to if you have been listening to Miles' version for years and years.

Just bought an original vinyl, which should now be on its way. I found that one the hardest of the original Larry Young Blue Notes to source.

had some sort of nightmare last night... a torn in two pieces package from Mosaic lying in my mailbox... ouch! hope this is not a bad omen about my Roach set which is still trying to find its way here!

My Miles LP box arrived with a split. Fortunately Mosaic shipped another straight away. :)