Which Mosaic Are You Enjoying Right Now?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two arrivals today ordered 10 days apart both appeared on my doormat today

Bud Shank/Bob Cooper Select discs 2 and 3... material with strings exceeds expectations significantly,

Duke Pearson Select disc 1.....ordered 3 days ago (sent by surface option)- arrived today !!!- so far very nice

Quincy Jones ABC/Mercury Big Band Jazz Sessions, CD2. Living up completely to expectations. :tup

Glad you snagged that copy!

It's fine music - there seems to be a bias (with reason I guess) against Q on this board, but regardless of all the debates, the music on this set is great!

The thing to bear in mind with the 'Q' Mosaic is that I think his key role here is as driving force/organiser and not necessarily as arranger. There's mighty fine stuff from Bill Byers, Benny Golson and Bill Potts for example on this set and pretty well a who's who of top early 60s soloists. Great set !

Two arrivals today ordered 10 days apart both appeared on my doormat today

Bud Shank/Bob Cooper Select discs 2 and 3... material with strings exceeds expectations significantly,

Duke Pearson Select disc 1.....ordered 3 days ago (sent by surface option)- arrived today !!!- so far very nice

Whoah ! The very same titles have just been delivered from Mosaic 'chez moi'. Uncanny !

The thing to bear in mind with the 'Q' Mosaic is that I think his key role here is as driving force/organiser and not necessarily as arranger.

So that explains how the Impulse CD of Quincy Jones's This Is How I Feel About Jazz includes 6 tracks by West Coast saxophonists where the only Q link is that he is named as producer. :huh:

Edited by BillF