Which Mosaic Are You Enjoying Right Now?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Louis Armstrong: 1936-1946 - disc 1

Just want to add my 2 cents on Mosaic - currently being argued about in another thread. I find that the respect that Mosaic gives to the music in their attention to sound quality and in their presentation - booklets, completeness - prompts me to give the music more of the attention it deserves. Not saying that I don't listen carefully at other times, but when I take a Mosaic off the shelf, I always listen carefully.

The Complete Blue Note Art Hodes, LPs 4 and 5

one of my favorite Mosaic box!

Reminder to self to haul down this set !

I'll gladly help if I can get it after you've finished listening :g

Now playing: the (I hope) well-deserved Pacific Piano Jazz Trios - disc 1 right now, the Freeman is delightful, the Twardzik truly amazing... played the Rowles a couple of days back, so it's on to the Fischer afterwards...

Anyone knows why the two bonus tracks from the Rowles session (an alternate and an unissued "All the Things You Are") weren't included here? They're both on disc 3 of the Complete Nocturne Recordings Vol. 1, and Pujol there says both were given to him by Rowles to use there.

That set seems to be one of the few legitimate things coming from Fresh Sound (besides of course the FSNT series), and it's a delightful one!