How Long Has Jazz Been In Your Ears?

Jazz Has Been The Focal Point of My Listening  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bought my first jazz records in the late 50's. Got really serious about it in 1961. A pretty good year. Saw a lot of live jazz in the next 10 years. (Started with Sun Ra and a small combo at a club in Montreal. All I remember is that it was August he played "The Christmas Song". )

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though I've been listening to jazz for over 25 years I've never been a serious listener. Jazz makes me happy! Too many other things to be serious about.

I think you made a very good point here, Bev.

We all take Jazz too seriously many times (trying to define it, analyze it....), forgetting that it´s all about ENJOYING THE MUSIC.

Even though I've been listening to jazz for over 25 years I've never been a serious listener. Jazz makes me happy! Too many other things to be serious about.

We all take Jazz too seriously many times (trying to define it, analyze it....), forgetting that it´s all about ENJOYING THE MUSIC.

Yeah, that comment brought a smile to my face... :)

Yeah, that comment brought a smile to my face... :)

So jazz (or at least jazz boards) makes you happy too! :P