The Grateful Dead Dark Star

jazzbo

FYI, today (December 30) is the last day that Furthur downloads from the 2013 summer and fall tours will be available. See: Gnomes & Hobbits.

I'm downloading Sept 29 (Greek Theatre), July 14 (Cooperstown - can't wait to hear them do Gloria!), and July 20 (All Good Festival - Lovelight with Grace Potter!).

Edited by mjzee

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

380313340408.jpg

just got this 4-lp set: Englishtown NJ summer 77. this show was later released as dicks picks 15, but the analog lps of the radio b'cast version really has a great sound to it, it gives it just a touch of that "AM Radio"-feel to it all, which i love. some of the listings for it says it was ltd to 500 copies.....if true its like the BN 1568 of dead boots, lol!

• 1 month later...

attachicon.gifpicture-19855.jpg

Apparently this cover was briefly posted on dead.net and retracted and someone saved it. . . most likely this is it, we should have an official announcement soon.

12/12/69 Thelma Theater, LA

https://archive.org/details/gd69-12-12.sbd.gerland.10988.sbeok.shnf

The comments on archive.org indicate this is a hot show. Curious about the bonus disc - maybe the other night of the engagement (12/11).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

From the Garcia folks:

Announcing GarciaLive Volume Four: March 22nd, 1978 Veteran's Hall

We're pleased to announce the next installment in the GarciaLive series -- GarciaLive Volume Four: March 22nd, 1978 Veteran's Hall. This new volume in the archival series highlights an often-requested Jerry Garcia Band line-up featuring Jerry, John Kahn, Buzz Buchanan, Maria Muldaur and Keith & Donna Godchaux. Falling just days after the conclusion of the Garcia band's tour and days before the release of Cats Under The Stars, this intimate performance showcases a particularly relaxed, vibrant and soulful Garcia Band evident on moving versions of "Mission in the Rain," "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down," and the gospel standard "I'll Be With Thee." Rocking takes on "Mystery Train," "I Second That Emotion" and "Midnight Moonlight" bring the surging tempos that offer beautiful balance to the performance and showcase the band's tremendous musical range. The performance also marks the first guest appearance from future Jerry Garcia Band keyboardist Ozzie Ahlers.

GarciaLive Volume Four: March 22nd, 1978 Veteran's Hall will be released on Round Records in CD, MP3 and FLAC formats via the usual suspects. We anticipate an early July release, however we're still sorting out a few production elements which prohibit us from pegging an official date. Stay tuned for an official release date and pre-order news soon!

Jerry Garcia Band
March 22nd, 1978
Veteran's Hall - Sebastopol, CA

Set One: How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You), Catfish John, Simple Twist of Fate, I Second That Emotion, The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down

Set Two: The Harder They Come, Mission in the Rain, Cats Under the Stars, Gomorrah, Mystery Train, Love in the Afternoon, I'll Be With Thee, Midnight Moonlight

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the bonus disc for the 1973 Winterland Box set? I sold one on eBay and the cardboard case was creased by USPS so I'm looking for a replacement for him. Thanks for reading and please PM me if you do.

• 3 weeks later...