What brought you to Organissimo?

ejp626

I joined this board after hearing about it from Bertrand.

I wanted this place to augment my information sources so this was initially an alternate source of info to AAJ but I felt like I would really fit in here after seeing how things work - both in terms of being able to contribute a unique perspective (I am probably considerably younger than most members - I just turned 21 in June) and in terms of being able to absorb a lot from you older guys and gals.

Matt M.

Edited by cannonball-addict

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at a now defunct Blues board, and was discussing archtop guitars with zizala, and she told me about this board and AAJ. I didn't stay at AAJ very long, as a matter of fact, I think I only posted there once. Not that I'm a prolific poster, anyway, but I like it here, the flaming is almost non-existent, I like that. Plus B-3er and the guys have a damned good band! B-)

The odd and sad part is that I can no longer recall in detail just how I got to Org. I seem to recall that, as the old BNBB was painfully sinking, someone or some few, mentioned this site. Could that have been the case, or is my memory playing tricks on me? It's also possible that I might have picked up a link through AAJ. I must be having an extended senior moment :(

Obviously I didn't get over here in the vanguard, but I was surprised to find that I was one of the first 100 to register; somehow I thought I was more of a latecomer. I know I'm not in the top bracket of posters, but I take this site very seriously indeed.

As to why I came here and why I stay: it's the passion for jazz and the passion for Blue Note that brought me here, to a community of like-minded souls. Even though I have only met a few members, many of you feel as real to me (or more so) from your posts than the folks I work with every day. There is a palpable feeling of community on this board, even when disagreements run deep and views differ. There is a tremendous amount of musical expertise here, and an abundance of personalities :g

I was Googling something or other and when I glanced at the name of the site I thought it must be sex related. So of course I had to check it out. Now now, I was searching for something jazz related, I swear!

I looked around and saw cats, moose and other animals and thought "Wow!" Wow as in "look at all of the knowledge here, and how little I know about so much of it" to "wow, these folks must spend a lot of time here..."

A week or so later I had another jazz question and started to Google but remembered that Orgasmsomething site. Lo & behold, more answers to questions I hadn't even known to ask.

I lurked as a guest and decided to join, if for no other reason than to let the cookies keep track of what I'd already read.

And to think that once upon a time I thought web boards were lame compared to the Usenet. What the hell was I thinking? :blink:

I looked around and saw cats, moose and other animals and thought "Wow!" Wow as in "look at all of the knowledge here, and how little I know about so much of it" to "wow, these folks must spend a lot of time here..."

Hmmm...well, I know which of those two categories the Moose fell into... :lol:

Hmmm...well, I know which of those two categories the Moose fell into... :lol:

Moose the Jazz cat.

I was mainly a lurker in the old BNBB.

When it crashed, I joined AAJ and organissimo almost at the same time, but was a more frequent poster at AAJ for some months (don´t ask me why, I simply had to choose one!).

Then, and basically because most of the posters whose knowledge I was more interested in, were hard core members here, I decided to change my main board (and the home page on my computer, be sure!).

And that´s all for now!

...though I have recently discovered a couple of Spanish jazz forums (both of them quite interesting!), and though it´s much easier for me to post in Spanish than in this strange Shakespeare´s language... THIS WILL BE MY JAZZ CYBER-HOME FOREVER!

I was a lurker(mostly) on AAJ, when someone mentioned organissimo. After about a half-dozen incorrect spellings, I found it and I love it. Folks here are very welcoming, verrrrrrrrrry knowledgeable, and I find some great humor here, too.Simply put, it's a fun place to hang on the web.

I actually started out at the Harlem Board, and stumbled on a post there which directed me to the BNBB. I arrived about two weeks before it imploded, but in those two weeks I really liked what I saw. I remember the day when all the BN refugees trooped over to the Harlem Board, where it quickly became apparent that the cat who ran that board was way too controlling to be able to tolerate such an obstreporous mob. Through "word of mouth" I heard about Organissimo. Jazz Corner I found a bit clubby; I like AAJ okay, and post there occasionally, but this is the place I call home.

Randissimo mentioned it to me one day, and I forgot about it until I was googling one day and found just the answer I was looking for here. I hadn't much hope of finding an answer, so I was impressed.

I had a bit of extra time cause it was winter and I had a sports injury, so you guys became the object of lot of misdirected soccer energy.

Hope it wasn't too terrible!

--eric

• 2 weeks later...