Top Ten Little Known Facts About Charlie Parker

JSngry

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of Massey Hall, not only was Bird's saxophone plastic, it was manufactured by Fisher-Price as part of their "My First Gobble-Pipe" line. It was such a hit that the "My 'Lil Pawnshop Playset" soon followed...so that toddlers would have a convenient place to put it in hock.

The My 'Lil Pawnshop playset is still available, though its sales numbers are being eclipsed by My First Tattoo Shop, My 'Lil Gentlemen's Club and Pierce Me Elmo.

I was thinking more along the lines of "Needs-A-Fix Barbie" - the doll that clamors for mommy to give it a shot of heroin and if denied will soil itself. Maybe it will soil itself anyway. Necktie tourniquet sold separately in six stylish colors.

Or perhaps a See and Say where you pull the string and the toy goes: "The mugger says 'Gimme your money, NOW!'" or "The pimp says 'Girl, get back to work before I hurt you.'"

Mike

I was thinking more along the lines of "Needs-A-Fix Barbie" - the doll that clamors for mommy to give it a shot of heroin and if denied will soil itself. Maybe it will soil itself anyway. Necktie tourniquet sold separately in six stylish colors.

:D:D:D

The way our culture is headed, we may get these anyway!

Parker was cloned in a top secret government operation aimed at demoralizing the Nazis, who loathed degenerate music. Unfortunately, by the time the clones were ready, the war had ended. The clones scattered to the four corners of the globe. Most became productive, if eccentic, members of society, including a cowboy, a Tibetian monk, a rugby player, a champion yodeller, and a taxi driver in Tokyo. One unfortunate clone committed suicide after an unsuccessful stint writing greetings for Hallmark Cards.

The clones scattered to the four corners of the globe. Most became productive, if eccentic, members of society, including a cowboy, a Tibetian monk, a rugby player, a champion yodeller, and a taxi driver in Tokyo.

Don't forget a GI, a cop, an Indian Chief, a construction worker, a sailor, a leatherman and a cowboy.

In a strange case of mistaken identity, it was really Warner Oland who played sax on the famous Massey Hall concert in 1953, making the original album credits correct after all.

Furthermore, "Charlie Chan's" saxophone was not plastic but actually made out of papier mache. :o

• 5 years later...