Slim Shady's New Cd - "Encore"

Soulstation1

i believe his new cd is out later this week, to limit internet downloading

the first video "just lose yourself" is funny

the parody of wack-o jack-o is classic

also the guest appearance of ponch from chips

jack-o's peeps called b.e.t. and told them too stop airing the video and they did

now "m" is gonna take down the bush doctor for us.....

this cd will sell 5 million the first week out

i might have to get it myself

my fav "m" song is probably

"superman"

ss1

The number the above will sell to me - zero.

Fair enough. Nas is an interesting character to be certain. Not for everyone. He seems insistent--whether intentional or not--upon straddling the fence between being the savior of everything good about hip hop music (clever use of metaphor, pitting homonyms against their alternate meanings, etc) and...well...being a thug from Queensbridge. Then again, such is the history of the genre. So perhaps he's the very embodiment of that contradiction.

In any case, and regardles of his hit-or-miss tendencies, when he's *on* he's the best in the business. Period. And I get the feeling this new one is going to be something pretty special.

Among other reasons, it's the first record of his to feature a collaboration with his trumpeter/guitarist father, Olu Dara, since his (Nas') debut in 1994.

Other hip hop heads on the board will appreciate this: Word is, he also wants DJ Premier (Gang Starr) to produce all of the tracks on his next record. Could you imagine an entire full-length of tracks like "NY State of Mind" and "Memory Lane"? Wow...

Edited by Brandon Burke

• 2 weeks later...

Who's doing the tracks on this Nas album? I haven't liked any of his albums since "It Was Written", but if Primo does all the tracks on his next album, we might have a classic on our hands.

I know. I'm with you. Nas (like so many others) is really only as good as the beat he's rhyming over. This, by the way, is yet more proof of my theory that a weak rhyme over a dope loop beats a dope rhyme over a weak loop any day of the week. (Example: the Primo-produced "Living Proof" 12-inch by Group Home. It's not everyday that you run across a jam that half-assed in the vox department that's still considered a classic.)

Couldn't tell you who did the beats on Street's Disciple. I'm sure some cursory Google searching would do the trick pretty quickly however.

And yeah, and entire LP produced by Premier would be absolutely out of hand. The only thing better than that would be a reunion of the original production team (Primo, Large Professor, Pete Rock, and Q-Tip). :wub: